This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23

Thread: I need some help and opinions

  1. #1
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    4,323
    Post Thanks / Like

    Wink I need some help and opinions

    So as we finalize our rsvps for two weeks at the Surf Club next year, we are still planning to spend about another 8 nights on the island. Our plan is to stay at Holiday Inn for four nights, then move to Surf Club for two weeks, and then?? We will still have 4 nights to spend somewhere, and we're thinking we might enjoy Eagle Beach for the remaining nights to wind down our trip. This is where your help and opinions come in. Where would you stay for just a few nights to get the "Eagle Beach" vibe? We would like to be on the beach, but don't mind crossing the street. Also looking for new happy hour and dining experiences within walking (possibly impaired) distance. So what do you guys think, any place that would be a fit with us?

    P.S. I'm going to LIKE all of your replies in advance.


    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Without a doubt I would choose Manchebo. The beach is great, Pega Pega has a fun happy hour or you can walk to Ricardo’s which has a very active bar at happy hour. Pizza Bob’s across the street for an instant munchie cure.

    0 0
     

  3. #3
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    34,799
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes to Manchebo! The beach is out of the world.
    Bucuti too although quite expensive.
    I thought too of maybe Amsterdam Manor, however that place sometimes is the recipient of the scent
    of the sewerage plant so that might be a negative.
    Also too maybe Robin’s or Schex’s places are available for less than a week.

    Lacabana is nice too.
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member hatteras's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,351
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would also suggest Manchebo. However, they have minimum night stays during certain times of the year. We used to add on days there, but haven't lately, due to their minimum night requirements during high season. I believe that you go in the spring or early summer. You could check with them and see. The beach is the best in the resort area, in my opinion .


    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    5,585
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Yes to Manchebo! The beach is out of the world.
    Bucuti too although quite expensive.
    I thought too of maybe Amsterdam Manor, however that place sometimes is the recipient of the scent
    of the sewerage plant so that might be a negative.
    Also too maybe Robin’s or Schex’s places are available for less than a week.

    Lacabana is nice too.
    i always wanted to try Amsterdam Manor until I went to one of the meet and greets at their beach bar and they were experiencing some of those issues.

    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree. We can smell it every time we drive by this trip.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    i always wanted to try Amsterdam Manor until I went to one of the meet and greets at their beach bar and they were experiencing some of those issues.




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    1,947
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you want to be on the beach then Manchebo. La Cabana if you don't mind crossing the street. We do not have a beach view, but Robin does.

    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So as we finalize our rsvps for two weeks at the Surf Club next year, we are still planning to spend about another 8 nights on the island. Our plan is to stay at Holiday Inn for four nights, then move to Surf Club for two weeks, and then?? We will still have 4 nights to spend somewhere, and we're thinking we might enjoy Eagle Beach for the remaining nights to wind down our trip. This is where your help and opinions come in. Where would you stay for just a few nights to get the "Eagle Beach" vibe? We would like to be on the beach, but don't mind crossing the street. Also looking for new happy hour and dining experiences within walking (possibly impaired) distance. So what do you guys think, any place that would be a fit with us?

    P.S. I'm going to LIKE all of your replies in advance.




    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,456
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manchebo would be my top but if you can get 4 nights from Costa Linda, you may end up buying here! Sometimes Manchebo has a 5 night minimum but I'm not sure if its during certain times of year or not.
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    2,256
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eagle Beach is great. Screaming Eagle is across the street from us-about a block away and down that block is Zuzuroh. Chalet Swiss is on the block between our condo and LaCabana(we enjoyed our stay there) as is Tulip, Asi Mi Peru, and Terraza Italiana(never been there). It is an easy walk to LaCabana and Amsterdam Manor with Passions on the Beach.




    0 0
     

  10. #10
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    5,042
    Post Thanks / Like
    Manchebo....... just plain Manchebo.
    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •