This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Resort Fees

Post Thanks / Like

Resort Fees

Do resorts in Aruba have resort fees? Many of the hotels in the US are now charging $20-30 per night in addition to the room cost.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    some timeshare resorts have a fee
    a daily tax
    and daily energy surcharge

i do not know about hotel rooms
    there may be a tax for hotel rooms.

Post Thanks / Like
    If booking directly from the hotel, ask before hand what the total cost is. Most do not include the additional taxes in their "per night" cost.

For example, I just looked at one hotel online and their nightly rate is $140 with a declaration...

"Rates subject to 22% Tax and Service Charge and 4.00 Energy Charge Per Night"

Druif Beach, Divi Divi AI, Red Sail Sports, Black Pearl
    Post Thanks / Like

Good Cause...

Quote Originally Posted by ranman1973 View Post
    Do resorts in Aruba have resort fees? Many of the hotels in the US are now charging $20-30 per night in addition to the room cost.
    While not a fee to the resort, I did not know (but after considering benefit, thought it was a nice idea) that the Divi AI places a donation to the local YMCA amounting to $1 per day of your stay. They are quick to identify it when you settle things at desk and VERY quick to be sure you know it can be removed. I thought it an acceptable donation to the children of Aruba (obviously, trusting most of the proceeds go directly to the children and not the administrative costs).
    0 0