This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Global Entry Interview upon Arrival

Post Thanks / Like
    Can someone tell me what this actually is? We have to do an interview to arrive in Aruba now?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    no, this is about GLOBAL ENTRY.

if you want to do your Global Entry interview you may opt do do it in Aruba (arrival or departure)
    from what I have read, folks are doing it upon departure.
    add 30 minutes to your airport time if you choose to go that route.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Can someone tell me what this actually is? We have to do an interview to arrive in Aruba now?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    no, this is about GLOBAL ENTRY.

if you want to do your Global Entry interview you may opt do do it in Aruba (arrival or departure)
    from what I have read, folks are doing it upon departure.
    add 30 minutes to your airport time if you choose to go that route.
    Is there something you have to sign up for? Or do you just have to tell them when you arrive? What do you do at this interview? I don't remember doing this before.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Global Entry allows for expedited process through USCustoms.

For all info visit
    www.cbp.gov

Global Entry is a U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) program that allows expedited clearance for pre-approved, low-risk travelers upon arrival in the United States. Members enter the United States through automatic kiosks at select airports.

Quote Originally Posted by AudiaS4 View Post
    Is there something you have to sign up for? Or do you just have to tell them when you arrive? What do you do at this interview? I don't remember doing this before.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-04-2021 at 12:03 AM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This is a trusted traveler program. You sign up for it on line and have an in person interview, usually at an airport. You might be able to do it at your home airport. Global Entry is completely optional and not required for entry into the United States, but it really expedites entry at some airports. Remember that when you go through immigration and customs leaving Aruba, you are actually "entering" the US. It also comes with TSA Precheck which isn't offered in Aruba, but is helpful when flying domestic in the US.

0 1

Bucuti Beach Club, Natural Pool, Donkey Farm, Alto Vista Chapel
    Post Thanks / Like
    We just left Sunday, August 1, 2021. We had our pre-approvals for Global Entry. It took us 36 minutes to get through US Customs and we asked the agent for an interview. We were sent to the waiting room along the back wall there. There was a lady in front of us that had been waiting 20-25 minutes. In another 20 minutes, they came out asked who was next. They took her passport (no paperwork needed, but we printed) and came back in about 5-10 minutes. Her interview as 5 minutes or so. They came for me next and they had my passport for 5 minutes before calling me back. The interview lasted about 5 minutes. My wife was next and the same experience once they started doing them. It was getting backed up in Customs since it was about noon then. We just got there early and expected to wait an hour or two, but it only took 1 hour.
    1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    This was at departure right?
    Quote Originally Posted by drtucker1 View Post
    We just left Sunday, August 1, 2021. We had our pre-approvals for Global Entry. It took us 36 minutes to get through US Customs and we asked the agent for an interview. We were sent to the waiting room along the back wall there. There was a lady in front of us that had been waiting 20-25 minutes. In another 20 minutes, they came out asked who was next. They took her passport (no paperwork needed, but we printed) and came back in about 5-10 minutes. Her interview as 5 minutes or so. They came for me next and they had my passport for 5 minutes before calling me back. The interview lasted about 5 minutes. My wife was next and the same experience once they started doing them. It was getting backed up in Customs since it was about noon then. We just got there early and expected to wait an hour or two, but it only took 1 hour.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Its not arrival in Aruba, its arrival at US customs during your return that is in Aruba airport. By definition, you are technically in US.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My father and stepmother are seriously considering doing their interview when leaving Aruba. They live in Pittsburgh and have conditionally been approved for GE, but the next available appointment for their interview is December 27th. Zoinks!!! So, I am going to keep an eye on this thread and suggest they do this when leaving Aruba so they can get it done a lot sooner.
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: (link forthcoming!)

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So my question is this. Do you actually go thru the US customs when you have your checked bags, and then that's the person you ask? I always see some people sitting there and see little offices, but I just thought those people were in trouble!! HA! HA! I think I will try that next Thurs when I go home. Thanks for the info.
    0 0