This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Acceptable Covid Tests

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    This may be a dumb question, but does the online ED card registration and this Aruba Health app "talk" to each other? If I got a test in the States before heading to Aruba, do those results get uploaded to the online ED form or this health app? Or is this health app only for getting tested and getting those results once you land in Aruba? Sorry if this has been answered before...
    I d/l the health app and registered. Then I completed the first step - ED info. I did this about two weeks prior to departure. 72 hours prior to departure I rec'd an email from Aruba ED Card reminding me it's time to complete the next steps - covid test and insurance purchase. I waited to do this until I had my negative results which came in about 33 hours later.

The reminder email has instructions and links and if I can do it, I think anyone can. I took a screenshot of my covid test info and made sure it had my name, etc. as well as test type, date, negative. That is the jpg file I uploaded. The reminder email also has a link to go buy the insurance. Once purchased, you get and email from Support Aruba Visitors Insurance with a copy of the policy. I took a screenshot of my proof of insurance as well.

About 30 minutes later I rec'd an email from Aruba ED Card confirming my registration and an attachment with my green check and ED# - took a screen shot. Everything I screenshot, I also printed. For me, it is easier to pull out a piece of paper or pull up a photo on my phone than to try to open and app or email since I turn off cellular when I travel.

JetBlue, Aruba Health Authorities, and Divi Village front desk all wanted to see the test results and/or green checkmark.

And, FWIW, I flew back on Saturday night 10/3. Monday 10/5 I went online to WDH and scheduled another covid test (for a sanity check for the SU) and had an appt same day at 11:15.
    18 hours later I had my negative results - so WDH in Dover, NH is still getting results back before 72 hours. The only thing is I have no idea how much the test is there because I still haven't received the bill for the test I took on 9/17.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village
    1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I finally got the bill for my first covid test and it’s $213. More than expected, but I guess I’ll just add that onto the cost of my trip this year.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    $213 - ouch! I paid $75 for the Aruba Airport test and thought that was high....so your figure makes the cost of the Aruba airport test more palatable. But at least you had the benefit of knowing you were cleared from the moment you started your vacation at the airport, and that sanity check can be priceless.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    that is high.

does insurance cover it testing?

Quote Originally Posted by Laura in NH View Post
    Ok I finally got the bill for my first covid test and it’s $213. More than expected, but I guess I’ll just add that onto the cost of my trip this year.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    that is high.

does insurance cover it testing?
    I didn't bother submitting because 1) it wasn't medically necessary, and 2) I have a 1500 deductible that won't be met by year end.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    $213 - ouch! I paid $75 for the Aruba Airport test and thought that was high....so your figure makes the cost of the Aruba airport test more palatable. But at least you had the benefit of knowing you were cleared from the moment you started your vacation at the airport, and that sanity check can be priceless.
    I wouldn't have gone without testing negative beforehand. I couldn't take the chance on testing positive in Aruba, even false positive, and being isolated for an unknown time.
    0 1