This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Testing Requirements.................Beginning Feb 3. For fully vaccinated

Post Thanks / Like
    Great News! I booked for March as soon as I read this, after having cancelled earlier this month for February due to the 2 day testing requirement. The overall mood here in the US is changing very rapidly. The majority of people have had enough and I expect they will follow the UK very shortly and lift the testing requirement to get back in within a month, but hey, thats just my opinion
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s kind of a glass half full/ empty thing for me. I am nervous about the thought of getting on a plane with people who have not been tested but makes it easier to go. Of course when you test 3 days before you go( which is what we did when we went the end of October) to Aruba and continue being out and about( which we had to do because we work) how good was testing 3 days before? So there is good and bad with this. Would rather test to go to Aruba and not test to come home. Either way we have no plans to go to Aruba in 2022- too much needs to get done here at home.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    being vaccinated does not immune one from being a carrier or a recipient

sitting on a plane has been a crapshoot now for 2 years.
    at least we all (or many of us) do our best with masking up, and hand washing and trying to maintain distance

we all have to continue to be careful

I am thinking that the testing to come back to the usa will soon be history

Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    It’s kind of a glass half full/ empty thing for me. I am nervous about the thought of getting on a plane with people who have not been tested but makes it easier to go. Of course when you test 3 days before you go( which is what we did when we went the end of October) to Aruba and continue being out and about( which we had to do because we work) how good was testing 3 days before? So there is good and bad with this. Would rather test to go to Aruba and not test to come home. Either way we have no plans to go to Aruba in 2022- too much needs to get done here at home.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I`m happy that Swiss Government will stop a must have test before coming back from Jan 22th (today).
    We will stay until feb 1st, so we now will not need a test for going home. Maybe other Governments will follow this rule even the omikron virus will be everywhere after a while.
    And of course the best protection is to be vaccinated!
    Last edited by LarsH; 01-22-2022 at 05:29 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We leave Feb 14th for 2 weeks in One Happy Island. We get our 2nd shot tomorrow and should be 'fully vaccinated' on Feb 8th. So we do not need to be tested? Do we just show our vaccination cards?
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the posting side!
    my understanding is fully vaccinated. (JNJ 2 shots).( Moderna and Pfizer 3 shots)
    there will be more information posted soon on aruba.com site.
    Quote Originally Posted by mlichtfeld44 View Post
    We leave Feb 14th for 2 weeks in One Happy Island. We get our 2nd shot tomorrow and should be 'fully vaccinated' on Feb 8th. So we do not need to be tested? Do we just show our vaccination cards?
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 01-24-2022 at 01:37 PM.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlichtfeld44 View Post
    Welcome to the forum mlichtfeld44. You must be fully vaccinated which means 2 shots and a booster if you get Moderna or Pfizer.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have always been more concerned with the required test to re-enter the US. So with the restriction to test being removed for entry to Aruba it actually makes us even less likely to visit. When on the island we can do our best to stay out of high risk situations but knowing that not everyone on the plane has tested on the way down I would consider our chances of testing positive and getting stuck are increased.
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 01-24-2022 at 10:50 AM.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    Even getting tested does not guarantee you are not sitting next to a positive person. We had to be vaccinated and test negative 2 days before boarding our cruise. In the port they tested everyone too. 8 people were not allowed to board because either they tested positive or they were in close contact with someone who tested positive. Yes, they do retest you if you are positive checking for false positives. I recently read an article about someone who tested every morning and evening(I can't remember why). He was negative in the morning, but positive in the evening.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hopefully soon the return US testing will be history. Had friends that were coming with us cancel due to fear.
    Last edited by joehick; 01-24-2022 at 12:43 PM.
    0 0