PDA

View Full Version : Booked early this year from Boston

Bill
06-11-2008, 06:53 PM
Booked early. Got a direct flight fom Boston the day after Thanskgiving. We were afraid of the riseing gas prices. Lacabana here we come!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D:D Home, Home, Home and Home.

SanNic44
06-11-2008, 07:03 PM
Excellent move Bill. I don't know what airline you're on. Just keep a close eye on reschedules and cancels. Going to be lots of shakeups this fall.

rob o
06-11-2008, 09:49 PM
Bet it was American. Those Friday non-stops are usually OK.

cuckoosnest
06-12-2008, 01:19 PM
I booked earlier this year for July, direct flights from USAir

The price right now is slightly more than double!

I already booked my hotel for next April. I am thinking August/September will be the time to book the flight.

But, if prices start rising, I will no doubt panic and book.

Bill
06-12-2008, 01:31 PM
Bet it was American. Those Friday non-stops are usually OK.

Rob O you hit it on the head American with my fingers crossed.:confused:

danadog56
06-13-2008, 10:15 AM
:thumb:Although I have already booked my flight for November, my girlfriend and her husband have not so I have been watching for them.....Looked on USAir yesterday for flights in November midweek-midweek and the total with all taxes was only 414 out of Pittsburgh.........that price is great for that time of year, even with gas prices rising !!!:plane:

coronacathy
06-13-2008, 10:50 AM
danadog56,
We booked our flights from Pittsburgh for our Nov. trip on US Airways last month@ $409 ea. We are thrilled with that price. One stop in Charlotte. We also have our flights booked for our Feb. 09 trip @ $420 ea. This past Feb. we paid $450 ea. I know I'll have to watch for changes & cancellations for the Feb. trip. I hope Nov. will stick!
When in Nov. are you going? We are doing a girls only mini trip Nov. 12-17. Then in Feb. its my husband & I & another couple!!

skudera
06-13-2008, 08:26 PM
I booked May 4th for $445 RT from Newark, NJ. Prices almost $800 now. I'm staying at La Cabana as well! First time so excited!! Leaving Sunday morning.

Cheryl
06-14-2008, 09:08 AM
Flight prices will no doubt be crazy as the airlines experience rising fuel costs so booking early when the fares are reasonable is the way to go. Congrats to you all that took advantage of the lower fares. Enjoy the anticipation then enjoy your vacations. Be sure to recheck your flights in case they make any changes....Cheryl