PDA

View Full Version : Got the book "AN ISLAND AWAY", IT CAME!

cindyo
09-13-2008, 10:13 AM
Michele and others...Well, that was the fastest I have seen Amazon send anything, including all my kids textbooks...And I am sure I will enjoy this book a heck of a lot more than my daughters will enjoy their textbooks...

I am so looking forward to reading the book and looking forward to chatting with others on this book. SanNic44, please pop into our conversations...thanks, cindy

SanNic44
09-13-2008, 06:19 PM
CindyO,

No problem. I'm interested to hear everyone's reactions to the story.

Liz - Aruba Lover
09-13-2008, 07:29 PM
Got the book about a month ago. Haven't gotten to read it yet. I gave it to my girlfriend first to read, now my husband has it. I can't wait to read it myself.

rob o
09-13-2008, 09:28 PM
CindyO,

No problem. I'm interested to hear everyone's reactions to the story.

Mr. Putkowski....will you be on the island in April?

SanNic44
09-14-2008, 08:11 AM
I'll be on-island during the first week of April, but probably not much longer than that.

rob o
09-14-2008, 08:21 AM
I'll be on-island during the first week of April, but probably not much longer than that.

Too bad....Cindyo and I were hoping to meet you...we won't arrive until April 10.

By then, we both will probably have read your book. She's first...I am not as avid a reader...I'll wait for the dead of winter.

danadog56
09-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Cindyo---started reading the book and had to put it down( I'm hooked ) :)...If I get interested in a book, everything else is put on the back burner...so I figured if I want to enjoy the book and savior the details I better try to read it slowly...not very easy...

SanNic, so far, so good...just remember Nove9-23, will need to find you and have a drink to you and the book !!!:D:D

DANNYO
09-14-2008, 12:14 PM
Just ordered my copy,not to big on reading books but this seems to be interesting.It will probably be with me when we go to Aruba in October...Mr. Putkowski will you be in Aruba in October?

SanNic44
09-14-2008, 01:25 PM
DannyO,

(It's getting hard keeping all these -O's straight.) Sorry won't be on the island until sometime the first week in November. Stick around a while, or plan another trip!:)

DANNYO
09-14-2008, 08:00 PM
DannyO,

(It's getting hard keeping all these -O's straight.) Sorry won't be on the island until sometime the first week in November. Stick around a while, or plan another trip!:)

44Ill be on Aruba the first week of November as well as the last week of October,maybe I could get my book signed.

SanNic44
09-15-2008, 07:48 AM
DannyO,

No worries. Probably at Charlie's Bar.

Joycee
09-15-2008, 12:20 PM
:pStarted the book last night - good reading!

love aruba 99
09-15-2008, 12:25 PM
JUST GOT MY BOOK SAVING TO READ IN ARUBA, OCT. 28th THRU NOV. 8th. LOVE TO GET MY BOOK SIGHED. :)

danadog56
09-16-2008, 07:46 PM
:DDannyo and SanNic....Will be there from the 9th til the 23rd....Danny, if you stay we can all meet up and have some rum and toast the writer !!!:D:D

danadog56
09-16-2008, 07:51 PM
SanNic,
Okay 44, you now have the forum buying the book to read...great !!!:D:D
But since we are all from all over the US, how are we going to get you to sign all of our books ???:confused::confused:
I already know you will be there in November and of course I will keep reminding you so we can meet, but I imagine if we all expected you to meet you...you will go crazy.:eek:....although, considering you are living on the island you don't get to use that as an excuse !!!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

SanNic44
09-16-2008, 10:07 PM
Danadog,

We'll be having various events not only in November, but also Jan-April. I'm a regular at Charlie's and various other places that Mrs. 44 and I frequent on the island. So meeting up is easy. As for the US... I'm working on a few things with the publisher on this book... I think I need to get out of my writing cave and meet more people who can tell me good stories about the island and elsewhere.

DANNYO
09-17-2008, 02:23 PM
Got mine today from Amazon,three days not bad.I think I'm going to start to read it on the plane going to Aruba in October.Its going to take me a while to read it.Its almost time to start to pack.Booked car with Tropic booked dives with RedSail.

cindyo
09-17-2008, 05:31 PM
dannyo, start reading, its a big book, you will enjoy...that way when you're on the plane it you will already be into it...cindyo

DANNYO
09-17-2008, 10:16 PM
dannyo, start reading, its a big book, you will enjoy...that way when you're on the plane it you will already be into it...cindyoI thought I would start on the plane,but I read the first four chapters today,starting to enjoy it.

cindyo
09-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Dannyo, Can't you just picture everything....the road, the ocean, the bar, the hospital.....

danadog56
09-18-2008, 01:20 PM
Dannyo, Can't you just picture everything....the road, the ocean, the bar, the hospital.....

CindyO, It's nice to be reading a novel and know exactly what the reader is talking about.
It's different then when you read book after seeing the movie because then you are visualizing what you.ve been shown and not what you have seen for real.................

DANNYO
09-18-2008, 10:29 PM
Yes its kind of strange that its a different country and we all know it better than our own. My 400th post