PDA

View Full Version : Picking a beach location

margeka
12-03-2008, 10:30 PM
My son and his fiance' are planning on a beach ceremony at sunset in November 2009 after the civil legal wedding. WE haven't hired a planner or photographer yet. Still trying to keep costs down. I have contacted a Reverend that is highly recommended on this board, but haven't heard back from him yet. We using Occidental for lodging. If we hire an outside planner or decide to do everything ourselves, will we have to pay a fee to Occidental for the beach location. What other beach sites are available without a fee? Help!

cindyo
12-04-2008, 06:49 AM
Beach at the Divi Phoenix is public. We did our renewals there with Rev. Gibson.

margeka
12-04-2008, 09:57 PM
Thank you Cindy. Do you have any pictures we could view?

cindyo
12-05-2008, 10:53 AM
Margeka...Yes, check out the gallery here on this site. There are a few of the beach and I think Rev Gibson.

Arubalisa
12-05-2008, 12:31 PM
This is a beautiful photo of Rob and Cindy's ceremony :):
http://www.aruba.com/vbgallery/files/9015_p4150133_thumb.jpg (http://www.aruba.com/vbgallery/showimage.php?i=205&c=3&userid=9015) click on thumbnail to enlarge

cindyo
12-05-2008, 03:47 PM
Lisa..thanks for the compliment...it was a fun thing to do...Rev Gibson was the BEST !!

Tropicalsunshine
12-17-2008, 11:14 AM
That's a good question! We are looking for a beach site too. Is there a place where they are all listed out to look through?

cindyo
12-17-2008, 12:08 PM
The beach is public at the Divi Phoenix....use the site and then do drinks at the bar...great bar at Sunset Bistro

Bryan Morris
12-17-2008, 03:52 PM
The beach is public at the Divi Phoenix....use the site and then do drinks at the bar...great bar at Sunset Bistro

Keep in mind however all beaches on the island are public you'll need a permit to conduct any activities on the beach. I'll hate to know that you're busy with your ceremony and the police rolls around to break up your ceremony. They will do it!

Bryan Morris

cindyo
12-17-2008, 08:07 PM
Bryan, I don't think Rev. gibson pulled a permit to do our ceremony at the divi, I may be wrong, but I don't think so...Our gathering was 30 people.

Karen Lutzker
12-18-2008, 09:16 AM
All beaches in Aruba are public! However, I would think that you would not be able to have a private beach ceremony on the beach in front of resorts that specialize in weddings and events not unless you used the services of that particular resort. There are plenty of beautiful beaches in Aruba that do not front resorts where a beach ceremony can take place. The exception to the rule is that if you were planning a very large beach ceremony and beach reception with chairs, decorations, food and beverage, tables and music, then you might need a permit from the Aruba government. But for small private beach ceremonies not in front of the resorts, you will not be bothered by the Aruba police. You are welcome to send me a p.m. and I will explain. :)

Bryan Morris
12-19-2008, 09:27 PM
All beaches in Aruba are public! However, I would think that you would not be able to have a private beach ceremony on the beach in front of resorts that specialize in weddings and events not unless you used the services of that particular resort. There are plenty of beautiful beaches in Aruba that do not front resorts where a beach ceremony can take place. The exception to the rule is that if you were planning a very large beach ceremony and beach reception with chairs, decorations, food and beverage, tables and music, then you might need a permit from the Aruba government. But for small private beach ceremonies not in front of the resorts, you will not be bothered by the Aruba police. You are welcome to send me a p.m. and I will explain. :)

Karen,

I totally agree with what you said here. However, a permit is required. I agree they might not come up to you but what if in the middle of the ceremony they do and you don't have a permit, what then? This is a wedding and we wouldn't want it to be ruined because of negligence. I'm stressing on this because I've seen it happen.

Take heed!

Bryan Morris