PDA

View Full Version : Power to the people of this forum

Randi
04-25-2009, 01:03 PM
Hi everyone,
You will notice my addition to my signature. Well, its time for us to make use of the POWER OF THE INTERNET and try and fight back to Avis! For those of you who are in a postion to do so, add something like I have so whenever a person reads a posting from one of our many knowledgable posters they will see us advising people NOT to use Avis. This can be our way of getting our point across.

POWER TO THE PEOPLE!!:mad:

fattypatty
04-25-2009, 01:46 PM
randi, not to pop your balloon, but i doubt the mods will allow that. but who knows?

Randi
04-25-2009, 05:09 PM
Well, the moderators moved this from the Aruba general thread to the getting around in Aruba so they must be ok with it!!!

LET'S GO PEOPLE......

Andrea J.
04-25-2009, 05:47 PM
it IS relavent
it is about a car rental agency the "stuck it to many" including me and my buds
so as long as we stay on topic do not get obscene and do not call each other names we are good to go

Randi
04-25-2009, 05:49 PM
thank you Andrea!:D

Back to the topic, we need to let Avis know that we will not be treated this way, so this is our small way of fighting back.:rolleyes:

Chadd
04-27-2009, 03:16 AM
it IS relavent
it is about a car rental agency the "stuck it to many" including me and my buds

so as long as we stay on topic do not get obscene and do not call each other names we are good to go re: avis's scam ahem, mistake.
If it was an inadvertent error, as it sounds like they are claiming, there is no obligation to honor it under US law. I would expect that Aruban law is similar.

ladyg2u
04-27-2009, 09:09 AM
I did not know that was a US Law I thought they had to honor the fine print or web announcement. :confused:

Zippy
04-29-2009, 08:59 AM
ladyg2u..... Chadd is correct! I own a computer.internet company and although what happened is difficult for all..... it is an error. People make errors.... I got caught as well. I had reservations with another company..... saw the posts on here and "jumped" to the Avis site to get the deal. Frankly..... I should have know better to think it was possible, but I learned. Cancelled Avis and rebooked with other company again. People assume that the internet/web is the same as a printed add in a paper or such. They are not....

Randi
04-29-2009, 09:38 AM
Zippy, you are correct in theory but the issue is that they have not contacted anyone to let them know that it is an error. Smells of a bit of a scam?? Get to Avis and they tell you it is wrong but you can have a car at a much higher price??:eek: That is not right. If there was an error and they are very aware of it by now, then you need to go over the reservations and start sending emails apologizing and giving out the correct information. Possibly a little something for good will for all of the confusion. That is what is at issue now!!

danadog56
04-29-2009, 02:11 PM
Zippy, you are correct in theory but the issue is that they have not contacted anyone to let them know that it is an error. Smells of a bit of a scam?? Get to Avis and they tell you it is wrong but you can have a car at a much higher price??:eek: That is not right. If there was an error and they are very aware of it by now, then you need to go over the reservations and start sending emails apologizing and giving out the correct information. Possibly a little something for good will for all of the confusion. That is what is at issue now!!
Randi,
I am in agreement with you..IF Avis would have emailed me to explain the error and then let me know what the real price of my reservation will be costing me, then I would say okay it was a mistake. BUT the fact that they aknowledge it to be a mistake but are not making customers aware smells fishy to me also.
What if I were to go there and walk in and find out the price is double and that I can't get a better deal elsewhere because I wasn't looking before my arrival...then they have you by your boot strings....which is what I think they planned to do all along........shame on them !!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Randi
04-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Randi,
I am in agreement with you..IF Avis would have emailed me to explain the error and then let me know what the real price of my reservation will be costing me, then I would say okay it was a mistake. BUT the fact that they aknowledge it to be a mistake but are not making customers aware smells fishy to me also.
What if I were to go there and walk in and find out the price is double and that I can't get a better deal elsewhere because I wasn't looking before my arrival...then they have you by your boot strings....which is what I think they planned to do all along........shame on them !!!!!!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

EXACTLY!!!!!:doh::eek::mad:

cindyo
04-29-2009, 05:23 PM
Randi...you go girl, you are on a mission...keep going !!!! More power in #'s....

Randi
04-29-2009, 05:25 PM
Cindyo, you made me laugh!!:D:D

POWER OF THE INTERNET!!!

qlaval
04-29-2009, 07:01 PM
Worst, I've emailed them twice to confirm the "great" pricing that I was able to get on their website.
They NEVER took the time to answer such a legitimate question.
AVIS I'm sorry to say but I will NEVER rent from you again nor will I ever recommend you on the contrary...

Randi
05-13-2009, 08:08 PM
call customer service and ask to speak with a supervisor, I may be getting somewhere! I will also never use them use again!:mad:

Randi
05-25-2009, 03:10 PM
Well, for those of us that have remained dedicated to working on this Avis Aruba thing, I think that we as a group have helped make Avis rethink their decisions not to honour our reservations. We have worked hard and kept the pressure on and perhaps we may have done it.

Who says we have no power! Our voice through the internet is/was strong. Over 7,000 hits on the thread listed in my signature.

For those of you who are still wanting to keep track of what is going on with other people's reservations, I have started a new thread to help us follow along.

Thanks everyone!;)