PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Aruba Aloe Products

alwayzrunning
07-09-2009, 07:47 PM
Just wondering what everyone's must have Aruba Aloe products are and why? Going to the island for the first time in just a few weeks and need to know what to try. :rolleyes:

Jarubian
07-09-2009, 07:50 PM
The lotion is great and I love it, but I think the shampoo and conditioner are even better than some of the most expensive ones here in the States.

Arubalisa
07-09-2009, 08:41 PM
In no particlar order :)

Shampoo
Conditioner
Special care lotion
Face care lotion
Refreshing bath gel

EdnaSmith
07-09-2009, 10:24 PM
Check out the website for Aruba Aloe to see all of the products made by them at: www.arubaaloe.com (http://www.arubaaloe.com). We buy lots of their products while on the island and order what we need on line while at home. We shop at their outlet store on the island right where the aloe grows, and are very satisfied with everything. They also have great gift items.

silverfox82
07-10-2009, 07:10 AM
Around 5 years ago I developed a reaction to, of all things, antiperspirant. My armpits would get blisters that lasted for a week, how special. I tried everything including Tom's of maine, all natural non scented, same problem. On our trip in June I bought the aloe factory for men, no problem at all and it works as well as any other I've used. Myself, my wife and friends are all very happy, lol.

cindyo
07-10-2009, 07:38 AM
They sell aloe candy at the factory store. My daughter ate it, and liked it. I think it has "magically" stomach powers..LOL

Andrea J.
07-10-2009, 08:13 AM
aloe does has stomach powers
my grand niece has IBD and she is off all her meds and drinks an aloe concoction evey day 2x. suggested by the chiropractor.

and my favorite aruba aloe stuff is the lip balm chap stick like stuff.

and the shower gel.

They sell aloe candy at the factory store. My daughter ate it, and liked it. I think it has "magically" stomach powers..LOL

Kenny Maine
07-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Wave used the body lotion, face lotion, and the balm for burns. They are all great!

partypatty
07-10-2009, 02:10 PM
it is the best! i stock up each year!

rob o
07-10-2009, 07:36 PM
When we visited the Aruba Aloe Factory, I wolfed down a number of their complimentary chocolate covered aloe candies. Then, on the tour, they went on to tell us that one of the first uses of aloe was as a laxitive. I was horrified, but survived.

Andrea J.
07-10-2009, 08:16 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA oomgosh
wow.

When we visited the Aruba Aloe Factory, I wolfed down a number of their complimentary chocolate covered aloe candies. Then, on the tour, they went on to tell us that one of the first uses of aloe was as a laxitive. I was horrified, but survived.

hstvns
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
[. We shop at their outlet store on the island right where the aloe grows, and are very satisfied with everything. They also have great gift items.[/quote]

Where is the outlet store?

Arubalisa
07-11-2009, 10:57 AM
Where is the outlet store?
http://www.arubaaloe.com/tour_info_directions.pdf (http://www.arubaaloe.com/tour_info_directions.pdf)
This takes a moment to download. The directions are on the second page. You do not have to take the tour to shop in the store.

alwayzrunning
07-11-2009, 03:36 PM
Thank you for all of your product suggestions. It sounds like I'll need an extra suitcase to bring home Aruba Aloe! LOL...

cindyo
07-11-2009, 09:38 PM
Aruba Aloe also has a kiosk in Chestnut Hill, Mass.

silverfox82
07-12-2009, 06:41 AM
My wife found a coupon in something on island where the tour fee was $5.00 and you got a $5.00 credit at the store so it was a wash. The tour was short and somewhat informative but once should last a lifetime, do it if you find the coupon, otherwise just do the store.

danadog56
07-12-2009, 08:12 AM
aloe does has stomach powers
my grand niece has IBD and she is off all her meds and drinks an aloe concoction evey day 2x. suggested by the chiropractor.

and my favorite aruba aloe stuff is the lip balm chap stick like stuff.

and the shower gel.

Andrea, that is pretty cool....I have heard it has the ability to cure stomach ailments as well as a few other things, but have never heard of anyone that actually uses it...they tell you all that stuff at the factory, but you really don't belive it, just figure it is marketing....I have however tried the candy and it is very tasty !!!!

Sunny Beaches
07-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Hands down favorite is their After Sun Skin Repair! Brought home 5 bottles this year - LOL! Great suntan lotion, lip balm, special care lotion, too. The outlet is a nice store but we buy it at Ling & Sons for less.

KATH2ME
07-12-2009, 11:57 AM
Wow, Never read about this stuff before, have to admit, looks real good, would have like to have gone, although Sunny Beaches saying cheaper at ling and sons. I might just to go anyway, I love the smell of all that stuff

Arubalisa
07-12-2009, 12:25 PM
The outlet is a nice store but we buy it at Ling & Sons for less.
Thanks for confirming that. We were not sure, but compared with the $9.95 charged at the resort for the shampoo and conditioner, we were happy anyway. :)

Here is what we paid 6/27 at Kong Hing Supercenter

All prices in USD
$4.71 Shampoo 9 oz.
$4.71 Conditioner 9 oz.
$6.13 Special care lotion 9 oz.
$5.46 Refreshing bath gel 9 oz.

KATH2ME
07-12-2009, 04:34 PM
I will have to add to my lists of things to buy while food shopping, why bother bringing that stuff with you. I like, less stuff to bring down, I always bring to much, made a promise to myself, bring 1/2 of what i would normally. thanks

JenniferR
08-14-2009, 11:02 AM
The face care lotion and after sun lotion are the two we buy the most, however, we have never bought anything we did not like.

rum punch
09-25-2009, 12:00 PM
Hello all, Myself and some of my girlfriends will be going to Aruba in 16 days. (No husbands this year.:cool:) We want to go to the Aloe Factory but are wondering if there is a tour there or is it just a gift shop? I am really interested in trying the shampoo and conditioner. As well as other products. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Arubalisa
09-25-2009, 12:09 PM
There is a short tour. Imo, not worth it. They used to charge for it, not sure if they still do. You can buy the producuts cheaper at the grocery store.

cindyo
09-25-2009, 03:34 PM
Hello all, Myself and some of my girlfriends will be going to Aruba in 16 days. (No husbands this year.:cool:) We want to go to the Aloe Factory but are wondering if there is a tour there or is it just a gift shop? I am really interested in trying the shampoo and conditioner. As well as other products. Any input will be appreciated. Thanks

Actually, my family enjoyed it...some might not think it so great..we get into things and how they are made...Our educational part of our trip..( Next is the Balashi plant)
A movie is shown then you walk above the walkway in the plant as they package ect the aloe.
The gift shop is at the end of the tour..they have items such as shampoo, deordorant, candy, water, sunscreen, moisturizer, T shirts...
YES, it is way cheaper at ling and sons....

When we visited there is a school across the street...kids came out and watched us looking over the massive fields of aloe plants..
cindy

rum punch
09-25-2009, 08:25 PM
Thanks for the info. We normally go to the grocery store at ling and sons. I will look for it there.

Dolores
09-26-2009, 03:37 PM
Where is the aloe outlet and how do you get to it?

Thanks, Dolores

mjn109
09-29-2009, 08:44 AM
My husband and I did the aloe factory tour on our honeymoon, at first I thought, really, we are doing this on our honeymoon, but being that I LOVE the products and am always interested in how things are made, I ended up enjoying the tour after all. It was informative and the price was LOW so it was something neat to do in some cool air conditioning!

We went again in January on a family vacation, didn't really feel the need to go thru it the second time, but my sister & her boyfriend hadn't been before so we went...I like seeing just how clean the facility is that the products are manufactured in, makes me happy to know it is so well kept up!:p

susanrae
10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
Where do you but these fab products at? I know they have a Aloe plant (factory) there. Can you purchase in grocery or specialty.

Arubalisa
10-08-2009, 11:19 PM
Where do you but these fab products at? I know they have a Aloe plant (factory) there. Can you purchase in grocery or specialty.
Here are how the prices converted from florins to dollars for our purchase 6/27 at Kong Hing Supercenter

All prices in USD
$4.71 Shampoo 9 oz.
$4.71 Conditioner 9 oz.
$6.13 Special care lotion 9 oz.
$5.46 Refreshing bath gel 9 oz.

Chadd
10-12-2009, 01:52 AM
You can find the stuff just about everywhere on the island.

310harvard
10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
i love the hair products...and the more medical items are great- cleared up a skin rash my friend's husband had.... and worse great on my husband's psoriasis- not a cure, but a help indeed.
the candy is dandy!