PDA

View Full Version : IF

Andrea J.
07-19-2009, 06:53 AM
your son or daughter comes home, tells you he/she is engaged............and YOU will be footing most of the bill for the big "event".
.....................................hand dear child a check and tell him/her to elope.

i have had enough of this wedding crap.

hope this helpful tip helps at least one person.

andrea

rob o
07-19-2009, 07:34 AM
YOU will be footing most of the bill for the big "event".

That's an easy one.....you do what you want. If they don't like it....too bad.

It's 2009....you don't have to foot the bill for anything if you don't like their attitude.

I figure if I do the college payments, I'm not a bad guy.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

xobxdoc
07-19-2009, 08:48 AM
People getting married for the first time should have to go through a lengthy process which includes attending someone's divorce proceedings and custody battles, sort of like the "Scared Straight" series in the late seventies.

Arubalisa
07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Sorry to hear of your struggles Andrea.

People getting married for the first time should have to go through a lengthy process which includes attending someone's divorce proceedings and custody battles, sort of like the "Scared Straight" series in the late seventies.
Gosh that is the truth.

In our society it is way to easy to get married and unless you have been through it, have no idea what divorce and custody entails. :(

Ironic, that Andrea brought up this subject. After watching "Bride Wars" last night (2 brides getting married at the Plaza Hotel in New York $$$$) I specifically told dd that planning that type of wedding is THE most difficult thing to pull off effortlessly. If she were smart she would do as her father and I...

The second time around for both of us, dh volunteered to plan our wedding. 2 hours on the phone and our wedding in Paradise Island was set up. AND we spent the money we saved on our honeymoon in Aruba. :)

love aruba 99
07-19-2009, 04:37 PM
:thumb:
:thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: I AGREE 1000%;)

Chadd
07-19-2009, 11:17 PM
We made almost all of the arrangements and gave our families 30 days notice. When they started asking questions the answers were; Done, Done, Done, Done. Between my mother/grandmother and here aunt, it was just safer for everyone. The other option was to go to Aruba or Curacao for the ceremony and have a party when we came back but cash was too tight at the time.

Andrea J.
07-20-2009, 08:54 AM
smart!!!!

andrea

We made almost all of the arrangements and gave our families 30 days notice. When they started asking questions the answers were; Done, Done, Done, Done. Between my mother/grandmother and here aunt, it was just safer for everyone. The other option was to go to Aruba or Curacao for the ceremony and have a party when we came back but cash was too tight at the time.

Bill
07-20-2009, 10:23 AM

Wow! That is a great idea:thumb:

Terry Joz
07-22-2009, 06:50 PM
We got married in Sedona, AZ and called everyone the week before and told them that we decided to get married see you when we get home. Only friends we were with were with us, then my brother and his son drove out from CO to our event and it was wonderful having him there. It was a great time!!

RK05
07-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Were paying for our wedding and honeymoon ourselves!

Not planning on it but hope we get some $$ for spending money on our trip :D

canadianmooners
08-14-2009, 04:36 PM
You're scaring me!
My Fiance and her Mother were in Vegas a couple months ago, my parents happened to be about an hours drive away so I gave here the offer of "Lets get married here and I'll give you $10,000". She thought I was joking.....

Andrea J.
08-14-2009, 09:04 PM
the wedding is 20 hrs from now

rehersal dinner done

all is well, thank god

andrea

Liz - Aruba Lover
08-14-2009, 09:34 PM
the wedding is 20 hrs from now

rehersal dinner done

all is well, thank god

andrea

Glad dinner went well. Countdown is on.

mjm1204
08-24-2009, 07:14 PM
good advice... too bad my wife's family didn't pay for anything... i footed the bill for everything...

Sgroi135
08-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Me and my wife were lucky enough to have our parents help us out. They baiscally covered the reception. Me and DW had to pay for everything else.

And whoever mentioned Scared Straight... that was filmed with people in the High School where I work (police officer). And one of the people from that film was charged with a 25 year old murder last year.