PDA

View Full Version : Group Excursion

Lovely3457
07-28-2009, 02:19 AM
Has anyone done a group excursion with any of the airlines for discount? Was it worth it? How does the process work?:cool:

Andrea J.
07-28-2009, 09:37 AM
do you mean booking as a group?

when our son was in high school he was in a "show choir" that traveled.
all of the plane trips were done as a group.
takes some planning and the discounts are not all that great.........at least the trips that i planned for the group. (orlando, indiana, DC)
andrea

Has anyone done a group excursion with any of the airlines for discount? Was it worth it? How does the process work?:cool:

Lovely3457
07-28-2009, 02:38 PM
I heard the same thing - that is really isnt much of a difference ....

arubaweddingbound
07-28-2009, 05:55 PM
Hi

I had looked into this for our wedding in April and was looking to see if there was a group rate or discount and flying through United was actually going to cost around 300.00 more per ticket per person. So we are just all going to book our own. I was just trying to get most everyone on the same flights and sitting together but I thought if we had bought 'x' amount of tickets there would be some discount-no go. That was flying United out of Minnesota though.

MK1
08-10-2009, 01:12 PM
I looked into a group rate with Continental and the price quote that I was given was higher than what was on the website for individual tickets (I think it was about $50 dollars higher). The rep said that this was because they lock in the price for you (therefore no price fluctuations) and I could have this set price until a deadline of 2 months before our flight (or something like that). In the end we decided that it wasn't worth it and just booked it ourselves.