PDA

View Full Version : gay Aruba

urban01
08-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Hey guys, going to be in Aruba next week and was just wondering if there are any gay men visiting the island at the same time? Would love to have some guys to hang out with :)

cindyo
08-17-2009, 05:17 PM
Visitaruba might be more helpful to you.

Andrea J.
08-17-2009, 05:50 PM
our community forum here as well as the visit aruba site and aruba-forums may be helpful.

but also go into the general category and the welcome category and make inquiries.

personally i hate sending folks away because they do not get a response right away.

andrea

bosjay
08-17-2009, 09:55 PM

Cindyo, I frequent the aruba.com and visitaruba.com messege boards and find the forums and threads to be pretty much the same. Just curious as to why the vistaruba site would would be any more helpful than posting here
thnx!

Andrea J.
08-17-2009, 10:55 PM
i too wonder the same?
andrea

Cindyo, I frequent the aruba.com and visitaruba.com messege boards and find the forums and threads to be pretty much the same. Just curious as to why the vistaruba site would would be any more helpful than posting here
thnx!

rob o
08-18-2009, 06:29 AM
thnx!

i too wonder the same?
andrea

That's where her gay sibling once found requested information; she was trying to help.
PS - For those who don't know us, CindyO is my wife.

Andrea J.
08-18-2009, 09:39 AM
i am waiting for one of the administrators to come back from his switzerland vacation and will address the issue to him of the possibility of a gay/lesbian category.

i thnk it would be advantageous to have threads for those lifestyles.

i have no problem with directing others to competing sites............it is all about helping folks. on the flip side if we were doing our job and providing as much service as we could we would not have to send folks searching.

andrea

Navidad
08-20-2009, 12:56 PM
Maybe while you are here you can try to go to Jimmy's Place.
Saludos...

Bill
09-01-2009, 09:35 PM
Hey guys, going to be in Aruba next week and was just wondering if there are any gay men visiting the island at the same time? Would love to have some guys to hang out with :)

Hmmm, interesting subject. Im not gay but have never thought of looking for straight folks. DW and I have met some of the nicest people traveling, both straight and gay, male and female. I never thought anything of it and that you would need your own gay/lesbian category but now that has been brought up and if my vote counts-------- why not.

Andrea J.
09-01-2009, 10:26 PM
i do think the gay community needs a category as their interests may not be well represented here in our current categories.

i would also like to see other categories such as Aruba for seniors, disability/physically challenged issues, kids on aruba (aside from family vacations).

we are a welcoming and diverse community and as soon as simon is back from his holiday, the subject will be broached to him by me. (he is the page designer)

bill i am glad to know we do have your opinion and vote of favor .

andrea

Hmmm, interesting subject. Im not gay but have never thought of looking for straight folks. DW and I have met some of the nicest people traveling, both straight and gay, male and female. I never thought anything of it and that you would need your own gay/lesbian category but now that has been brought up and if my vote counts-------- why not.

NealNearNorth
09-12-2009, 12:27 PM

There is a new gay night coming up at Kildare's. Find it here:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Ingrid&init=quick#/photo.php?pid=8676987&id=867125650&ref=mf

There is also a growing Arubian gay rights movement, with a parade coming up, in the next few days:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=aruba+gay+rights&init=quick#/pages/Aruba-Gay-Rights-Parade/118900229503?ref=search&sid=724599096.1415800986..1

Andrea J.
09-12-2009, 01:57 PM
cool
thanks for the updates

i hope we can put together a category that will make things easier to navigate thru

andrea

There is a new gay night coming up at Kildare's. Find it here:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=Ingrid&init=quick#/photo.php?pid=8676987&id=867125650&ref=mf

There is also a growing Arubian gay rights movement, with a parade coming up, in the next few days:
http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=aruba+gay+rights&init=quick#/pages/Aruba-Gay-Rights-Parade/118900229503?ref=search&sid=724599096.1415800986..1

Terry Joz
09-12-2009, 05:12 PM
i do think the gay community needs a category as their interests may not be well represented here in our current categories.

i would also like to see other categories such as Aruba for seniors, disability/physically challenged issues, kids on aruba (aside from family vacations).

we are a welcoming and diverse community and as soon as simon is back from his holiday, the subject will be broached to him by me. (he is the page designer)

bill i am glad to know we do have your opinion and vote of favor .

andrea

I think that catergories for gays, seniors, disability/physically challenged issues would be wonderful!! I had gay friends that went to aruba with us and had no idea where to tell them to go to meet with others. They had a wonderful time and met up with some other tourist that they met that were gay and had a wonderful time.
Terry Joz

Andrea J.
09-12-2009, 05:18 PM
in order for this site to be a complete community...........we need to represent the "complete community"

who knows aruba may go forward from one happy island to being known as one happy island with a bunch of very diverse folks and able to get around easily :-)

happy weekend all
andrea