PDA

View Full Version : Strange post but you never know untill you try!

jenn630
10-12-2009, 09:31 PM
We go to Aruba next month and I am hoping to take my girls Holiday photo there. Anyway does anyone have any white, red OR green sundresses they are willing to sell in a 4T? (I have twins and need two).
I have serached the internet endlessly and find nothing this time of year.
Any help would be appreciated.
Jenn

arubamark
10-12-2009, 09:35 PM
You haven't found anything on ebay? My wife sells the kids clothes on there sometimes, only the name brand barely worn stuff. I will ask her if we have any 4t dresses. Do you need 2 or just one?

Arubalisa
10-12-2009, 10:01 PM
Also...

JCPenney online (http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/x5.aspx?DeptID=42249&CatID=71337&cmAMS_T=X3&cmAMS_C=C9&CmCatId=42249|65881) summer clearance and their kids outlet store online (http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/X3.aspx?DeptID=62371&CatID=62920&cmCatLevel=3&CmCatId=&cmAMS_T=G1&cmAMS_C=D10)

Andrea J.
10-12-2009, 10:27 PM
this forum is very helpful no matter how "different the questions are".

one can also check lands end or llbean even call llbean and the kind folks at the call center can go back and look thru the summer stuff

andrea

We go to Aruba next month and I am hoping to take my girls Holiday photo there. Anyway does anyone have any white, red OR green sundresses they are willing to sell in a 4T? (I have twins and need two).
Jenn

arubamark
10-12-2009, 11:18 PM
I just re-read and see you need 2. I would only be able to come up with one. Do you want them to match?

Andrea J.
10-12-2009, 11:24 PM
i have an idea
there are plenty of shops on island that have cute kids' summer stuff!!

there are a few department stores that i know of.....LaLindas is downtown not far from the bus station back one block and then towards the center of downtown about a block or 2.

there is also a department store in noord. follow palm beach road til you get to the intersection near st anne's church and police station. at that intersection turn left and GISELLES department store is on your left after caribbean palmm village. (i think the name is giselles)

also too all of the resort gift shops sell little girl "stuff" sun dresses, hats, beach cover ups, bathing suits etc....

also too check with a couple of our aruba resident members that have little girls private message them jojo angela munzenhofer and photosbyjulia they will be able to give you suggestions on which stores have best selection and prices.

andrea

Jenn

Andrea J.
10-12-2009, 11:26 PM
or
they could be in their bathing suits or cover ups wearing "santa hats"

would make for a cute photo

now i will shut my face

andrea

i have an idea

there are a few department stores that i know of.....LaLindas is downtown not far from the bus station back one block and then towards the center of downtown about a block or 2.

there is also a department store in noord. follow palm beach road til you get to the intersection near st anne's church and police station. at that intersection turn left and GISELLES department store is on your left after caribbean palmm village. (i think the name is giselles)

also too all of the resort gift shops sell little girl "stuff" sun dresses, hats, beach cover ups, bathing suits etc....

also too check with a couple of our aruba resident members that have little girls private message them jojo angela munzenhofer and photosbyjulia they will be able to give you suggestions on which stores have best selection and prices.

andrea

jenn630
10-12-2009, 11:44 PM
You haven't found anything on ebay? My wife sells the kids clothes on there sometimes, only the name brand barely worn stuff. I will ask her if we have any 4t dresses. Do you need 2 or just one?

I just re-read and see you need 2. I would only be able to come up with one. Do you want them to match?

i have an idea

andrea

or
they could be in their bathing suits or cover ups wearing "santa hats"

would make for a cute photo

now i will shut my face

andrea

Wow you all just blew me away! And to think I was embarrased posting this!
I am going to check into ALL your suggestions. I thank you all so very much and Andrea, I appreciate it!!

ArubaMark they don't need to match, two of the same color would be nice though. :)

photosbyjulia
10-13-2009, 07:13 AM
Hi Jenn,

You will have better luck finding what you want in the US, but in the same time you should get lucky right here in Aruba. All of the resorts have island-wear for children, then you always have Benetton for children in Downtown and an entire mainstreet of shops that have little girl dresses. There are several stores on the mainstreet that sell only white sundresses in all sizes. So, I can at least guarantee that you will find matching white dresses.

Regards, Julia

luvsun
10-13-2009, 09:20 AM
this forum is very helpful no matter how "different the questions are".

one can also check lands end or llbean even call llbean and the kind folks at the call center can go back and look thru the summer stuff

andrea

I live were Lands End is and there is a outlit store very close, if you would like i could look there for you.

jenn630
10-13-2009, 09:53 AM
I live were Lands End is and there is a outlit store very close, if you would like i could look there for you.
I'd so love that!!

Hi Jenn,

You will have better luck finding what you want in the US, but in the same time you should get lucky right here in Aruba. All of the resorts have island-wear for children, then you always have Benetton for children in Downtown and an entire mainstreet of shops that have little girl dresses. There are several stores on the mainstreet that sell only white sundresses in all sizes. So, I can at least guarantee that you will find matching white dresses.

Regards, Julia

Thats good to know! Thanks!

luvsun
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
when will you be there next month, we will also be there nov. 14th - 21st..if i find something i could bring it then..i did pm you also.

jenn630
10-13-2009, 02:41 PM
Hi. Sorry I didn't see this till a few mnutes ago.
We are going November 10 to the 16th.
Maybe we can meet regardless of the dresses to say Hi! :D
I replied to your PM also.
Thank you!

Jarubian
10-13-2009, 03:33 PM
Jenn,

I got a cool outfit for my son who is 4T at Babies R US. Look at what shows for little girls.
http://trus.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTRU1-3418650dt.jpg

I wish I had a girl right now, but soon. Enjoy your time in Aruba.

cindyo
10-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Jenn

Here's an idea...leave them in their swimsuits and stick Santa hats on them in the sand...Write in the sand Merry Christmas....

Mary T. Annese
10-13-2009, 09:26 PM
I think the bathing suit with the santa hats sounds great! I l ove when I get
cute cards of the kids!

Arubagirl90
10-15-2009, 12:44 AM
I vote for a dressy outfit photo and a fun one in swimsuits with Santa hats and reindeer antlers. We did the kids in their swimsuits last winter in a snowstorm, laying in the snow with Santa hats, looked like seals playing on the ice. Then in the hot tub with the Santa hats. They were the hit of the Christmas card photos, everyone loved them. Hubby and I did ours with cocktails in the hot tub.

Be sure to post the photo once you return.
Jill

jenn630
10-16-2009, 10:33 AM
I think I found a dress! Someone is making it for me. Red with white polka dots (I love polka dots!!)
Oh and I found a friend too (Thanks to this post!)
I will definately post the photo when I return. I also ordered red tutus which I may use for fun!

Andrea J.
10-16-2009, 02:35 PM
do i guess who is making the dresses for your daughters?
i bet i only need one try

andrea

cindyo
10-16-2009, 03:07 PM

andrea

Oooopppsss...not me, though I do say I could have...ox

jenn630
10-16-2009, 07:16 PM

andrea

Oooopppsss...not me, though I do say I could have...ox

You know? lol
Andrea you could have? And you didn't tell me? Ahhh!
J/K!

Actually I found a woman on Etsy.com to do it!

Andrea J.
10-16-2009, 09:20 PM
not me, i don't sew, but am thinking of learning!

i was thinking of cindy o
she is our resident seamstress, 'cept she is so busy with her 2 daughters that she does not know if she is on "foot or horseback"

i am glad that the dress thing is settled.
now what else is there to worry about and solve on your aruba list?
we are here, to get you there!

jenn630
10-17-2009, 12:14 AM
Where can I find that awesome packing list I once saw on here? I can't locate it. :confused:

Andrea J.
10-17-2009, 03:01 PM
click
http://www.aruba.com/forum/f7/packing-list-liz-nj-aruba-lover-29055/