PDA

View Full Version : Amsterdam Manor 9/17-10/4 - lots of PHOTOS!

~Amy~®
10-28-2009, 06:43 AM
Finally got it done! :)

Here's the link to my trip report and photos:

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy_mike (http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy_mike)

If you click on the first photo in the trip report it will make them larger and turns it into a slide show.

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy_mike/photos/34.jpg

Arubalisa
10-28-2009, 07:54 AM
Loved it! :)

Maybe my computer, but I couldn't get the photos to work. First half they opened at the top of my monitor but half off the screen. Bottom half, clicked on the photo and nothing happened. :(

~Amy~®
10-28-2009, 07:59 AM
Loved it! :)

Maybe my computer, but I couldn't get the photos to work. First half they opened at the top of my monitor but half off the screen. Bottom half, clicked on the photo and nothing happened. :(

You have to start with the very first photo and then just keep clicking "next". I know...I like the old way better....maybe I'll ask Melvin to change it. :o

Arubalisa
10-28-2009, 08:10 AM
Okay just tried that. It may be just my computer, but even clicking on the first photo, the slideshow moves to the top of my monitor screen and I only see the bottom third of the photo. Tried full screen and the slideshow did not move but I was able to see about half the photo instead of only a third. :(

Randi
10-28-2009, 08:14 AM
Enjoyed the report and loved the pictures.:)

~Amy~®
10-28-2009, 08:17 AM
No, it's not your computer - mine is the same way.

You have to have your scroll bar at the very top...then click on whatever you can see of the first photo and you should be able to see everything.

This is too much of a pain...I'm going to ask Melvin to change it back to the old way where you could click on any photo you want.

Arubalisa
10-28-2009, 08:21 AM
You have to have your scroll bar at the very top...then click on whatever you can see of the first photo and you should be able to see everything.
THAT worked! :D Back to viewing your photos! :)

Andrea J.
10-28-2009, 08:41 AM
Awesome report Amy!
thanks
andrea

Arubalisa
10-28-2009, 08:42 AM
You know the photo of the kitties lounging in the shade is closest to my heart. :)

~Amy~®
10-28-2009, 08:52 AM
You know the photo of the kitties lounging in the shade is closest to my heart. :)

She was at the ranch where we went riding. She was such a sweet cat and her kittens would play with anything that moved. The owner of the ranch told us he loves having the cats around because they keep the mice away from the horse feed but....there is now getting to be a population of boa constrictors on the island and they are killing his cats. :( Apparently someone let some boas loose in the cunucu a few years ago and they have multiplied. They're still trying to figure out a way to get rid of the boas.

Andrea - this is my "pal" that gave me quite the ride! LOL!! He was a good horse...he just wore me out!

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy_mike/photos/56.jpg

Andrea J.
10-28-2009, 10:03 AM
your pal is marvelous
he has a form of a martingale on?
can u imagine the head throwing if he did not have that on?

i too prefer the beginner horses.
he appears to be part paso, quarerhorse.
was there not too much bouncing in the seat?

again, really liked your report and the way you set it up.
thank you for sharing.

Andrea J.
10-28-2009, 10:07 AM
ps it is nice to see he as some meat on his bones.
he is a fine looking beast.
(amy next time no spurs ;-) )
the price of hay and sweet grain on aruba is so expensive.

last time i asked a bale of hay was upwards of $18+
here in maine, a bale delivered is $3
due to all of the crappy weather this past spring and early summer, most farms only had 1 hay cut........................i expect the hay prices to go to $5 per bale

~Amy~®
10-28-2009, 10:40 AM
your pal is marvelous
he has a form of a martingale on?
can u imagine the head throwing if he did not have that on?

i too prefer the beginner horses.
he appears to be part paso, quarerhorse.
was there not too much bouncing in the seat?

He was throwing his head around while we were still at the ranch so they put that on him. No bouncing in the saddle...even while trotting it was a nice smooth gait like a Paso Fino. I could never get him to stop though to let the others catch up - best I could do was just turn him around in circles until we both got dizzy. Then as soon as everyone caught up, off we would go again....I was exhausted by the time I got back. Spurs...can you imagine?!? I'd be laying out there in the cunucu somewhere! :eek: LOL!

I usually ask for intermediate horses....I'm going back to beginner next year! LOL!! :D

My friend Maria from Holland is riding the mother of my horse. She has a nice, quiet beginner horse. LOL!

http://www.aruba-travelguide.com/trip-reports/2009/amy_mike/photos/55.jpg

Andrea J.
10-28-2009, 12:49 PM
throwing the head is such a BAD behavior in a horse.
i am glad that they put the martingale on him for your safety.

i have met maria i think.........is she melvin's wife?

the mare that she is on is a beautiful girl.
again, she has some weight on her and looks healthy.

i do like the fact that both of those horses have great padding under the saddle.

i am envious that you got to ride outside in the warm sun.
i just got out of the indoor arena going around in circles and dodging 3 yearlings that were getting some exercise.

was your guy a gelding (i hope) or a stallion?

sunworshipperII
10-28-2009, 05:59 PM
Awesome trip report...sounds like you had a wonderful time...How was el gaucho we haven't eaten there in about 15years..... friends we are going with this year want to go....is it worth the trip compared to MJ, or chalet suisse or LG Smith

lindon
10-28-2009, 08:00 PM
Great trip report. We too like to spend long relaxing days on the beach. Your report made me feel like I was there again. Thanks for the little mini vacation. I needed it.

~Amy~®
11-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Andrea - Maria is Melvin's fiancee (I'm pushing for a wedding in Aruba! :D ) I like the horses at Gold Mine Ranch - they seem to take very good care of them (the owners are nice as well.)

Sunworshipper - we have a friend we meet up with every year in Aruba (who has been going to Aruba since the 70's with her parents when she was about 12) and El Gaucho is her all-time favorite restaurant in Aruba...so we are forced to go there with her - LOL!! Actually, we really do like it and it's a fun place to go with a group of friends (but not a good place for a romantic dinner for two.) We also went to MJ's and Chalet Suisse on this past trip - MJ's was as good as always but Chalet Suisse is just not my thing. Chalet Suisse has great service, the food is good (good but not outstanding) and the atmosphere reminds me of some place my mother would like (which is kind of blah to me.) It's a good place but I'm always looking for something a little different and Chalet Suisse is just too mainstream for me.

Lindon - happy to hear I could help with the mini vacation! ;)

Now I need to start planning trip #21 for next spring! :D

DianaH
11-05-2009, 11:11 AM
Amy,

Great report and great photos. We'll be staying at Paradise Beach Villas next week and plan to try Passions one night as we'll be close by. Maybe we'll try to go Monday and first hit the BB happy hour.

Diana

~Amy~®
11-05-2009, 12:13 PM
Amy,

Great report and great photos. We'll be staying at Paradise Beach Villas next week and plan to try Passions one night as we'll be close by. Maybe we'll try to go Monday and first hit the BB happy hour.

Diana

Have a great time...and have a couple of drinks for me at Amsterdam Manor's beach bar (one of my favorite places - LOL!)

Arubalisa
11-05-2009, 01:32 PM
A picture is worth a thousand words...the photos MAKE me want to stay there. :)

Jarubian
11-05-2009, 03:39 PM
Amy, I finally had a chance to read your whole report, and it was great. Too bad I was not able to come and meet you, but I am hoping soon I will be able to g back to Aruba and meet some of you great people on the forum.

Love the pictures.

~Amy~®
11-06-2009, 01:14 PM
Amy, I finally had a chance to read your whole report, and it was great. Too bad I was not able to come and meet you, but I am hoping soon I will be able to g back to Aruba and meet some of you great people on the forum.

Love the pictures.

Thanks!

Hopefully, we'll both be in Aruba at the same time very soon and we can definitely meet over a couple of cocktails! ;)

cindyo
11-06-2009, 02:17 PM
~Amy~, been a little tied up here but I finally got to your pictures. They are all great. Thanks for sharing them. You are very photogenic, all of your photos are super.
Loved them all.

~Amy~®
11-06-2009, 04:14 PM
~Amy~, been a little tied up here but I finally got to your pictures. They are all great. Thanks for sharing them. You are very photogenic, all of your photos are super.
Loved them all.

Thanks, Cindy!! :)

kthy66
11-06-2009, 04:45 PM
As always Amy I enjoyed your report immensely! Thank you!
Great pics too!

That horse is beautiful! and I love the little kitties... awwwwwww

~Amy~®
11-11-2009, 12:57 PM
As always Amy I enjoyed your report immensely! Thank you!
Great pics too!

That horse is beautiful! and I love the little kitties... awwwwwww

Thanks! The kitties at the ranch were adorable and very friendly (I wanted to take them home with me.) ;)

promano
11-24-2009, 03:12 PM
Amy,

Nice report, makes me wish for next year already, when my family and I return
for our 12 year in a row (14th trip for the wife and I). This year is going to be a
little special, my oldest son is a senior, and we're going for 10 days, just in case
he doesn't make it back with us over his college years! Loved the pictures, boy
to I miss that island.

Paul in NJ

tracey
11-29-2009, 11:19 PM
great trip report, and great pics...thanks for keeping me close to home

~Amy~®
11-30-2009, 10:22 AM
Glad everyone enjoyed the photos! I may need to take a look at them again around....January....when it's snowy and cold here to help get me through winter. ;)

arubadeb
12-02-2009, 05:01 PM
A little Aruba goes a long way.