PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Cold North

sunbee
01-03-2010, 12:36 PM
Hello, just introducing myself to the members of this board. I'm Sherrel (aka Sunbee). My husband and I have been to Aruba 3 times now. We love it. We have also been to Cozumel - but nothing is as great as the people are in Aruba.

Our next trip is September 2010 (just a month before my 40th birthday. We were looking into getting a Villa this year - but our friends didn't seem to keen on the idea.

I found a place called the Aruba Boardwalk - just above the Marriott's hotels and not quite on the beach. We love the pool more than the ocean any how.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this hotel/apartment or have been there before? All our friends would like their own "space" rather than a "room" like what they would get at a Villa and I thought this place would be perfect.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Sherrel

Sunny Beaches
01-03-2010, 01:15 PM
google, Homeaway Aruba, enjoy your trip!

sunbee
01-03-2010, 01:50 PM
google, Homeaway Aruba, enjoy your trip!

Thanks, great site.

Andrea J.
01-03-2010, 01:51 PM
the boardwalk is a nice quaint place
very clean
it welcomes all, but mostly windsurfers stay there

have you looked into renting a timeshare

go to the timeshare section of this forum and see if there is anything for your dates and price range
also too go to redweek.com

welcome to the forum!
andrea

!
Hello, just introducing myself to the members of this board. I'm Sherrel (aka Sunbee). My husband and I have been to Aruba 3 times now. We love it. We have also been to Cozumel - but nothing is as great as the people are in Aruba.

Our next trip is September 2010 (just a month before my 40th birthday. We were looking into getting a Villa this year - but our friends didn't seem to keen on the idea.

I found a place called the Aruba Boardwalk - just above the Marriott's hotels and not quite on the beach. We love the pool more than the ocean any how.
Does anyone have any thoughts on this hotel/apartment or have been there before? All our friends would like their own "space" rather than a "room" like what they would get at a Villa and I thought this place would be perfect.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
Sherrel

Sunny Beaches
01-03-2010, 10:49 PM
sunbee, here is another for you to look at, the Coral Reef Beach Resort. Everybody has their own space, kitchen, roll outside beds, beach?

sunbee
01-05-2010, 08:34 PM
Thanks everyone. We did find a Villa from the Homeaway site. We hope to put our deposit down this week. We aren't going until September, but the house is exactly what we are looking for.

Sunny Beaches
01-05-2010, 10:55 PM
Congrats, glad you liked the site, have a fabulous vacation! :D

sunbee
01-10-2010, 06:57 PM
Thanks - for a while they were pretty unresponsive. It must have been me because I'm an email-holic and mostly take care of business in my real job over email. The "one email a day" stuff always irks me. Hopefully now that they have our initial deposit we will have more communication from them. I have tons as of right now. The other two couples that we have going with us have the most questions and I have volunteered to be point of contact for all of us. Hopefully the questions don't take "days" to get back to us.

Sunny Beaches
01-10-2010, 08:36 PM
Ask away, you will get answers!:)

CandyC55
01-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Sunbee Aruba is the place to be!! I myself are in love with Aruba and I can't wait for March so I can be there on the beach just relaxing....

sunbee
01-11-2010, 06:44 PM
Ask away, you will get answers!:)

It's more about questions about what the "concierge" can do. From their website they say they can get grocery's for us and also have great prices for car/Jeep rental. Most the people I'm going with don't want to go shopping for food the moment we get there and would like some snacks/light food when we all arrive. I don't mind checking in and then going to grab all the food and then chillin'. :)

Sunny Beaches
01-12-2010, 08:00 PM
Ok, there are more than 5 people so you will need 2 taxi's, Bully is the best, he also will have a cousin or uncle there for taxi # 2, he will more than happily stop for snacks and such at the store on the way to where you will be staying! There is a max. 5 people per taxi. bullytaxi79@hotmail.com (bullytaxi79@hotmail.com) :cool::)

sunbee
01-13-2010, 03:50 PM
Thanks SB. That's good to know. This will be our 4th trip to Aruba - yet the first time renting a Villa. I think the company that takes care of the Villa will be picking us up at the airport (I'm still assuming we will all be coming in at different times - one couple from Delaware, one couple from Kansas, then us from VA).

We are finding out that our friends from DE are going to try to get there two days early... dang them. But, they will just have to be in charge of food shopping!! ;)

Sunny Beaches
01-13-2010, 04:33 PM
Sounds fun, have a blast! Let us know what, you think oft he homeaway experience when you get back! :D

sunbee
01-16-2010, 09:47 AM
Thanks SB - we normally blog/podcast the entire time we are there - so I will be sure to post that link up as the time gets closer!

Freezing Vermonter
01-31-2010, 02:39 PM
You should consider a timeshare as an alternative if your current plan doesnt work out. I travel to Aruba with family . There are six of us and we fit well in a two bedroom lockout.