PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Ever use Priceline For New Years/Christmas?

JohnMcCloy
11-17-2010, 01:31 PM
3rd time returning but wanted to go during high season knowing that the costs would be considerably higher so I was curious if anyone had ever used this during week 52/Christmas & New Years.

I have had luck so far scoring:
3 Nights Dec 19th-22nd Renaissance for $90.00
3 Nights Dec 22nd - 15th Marriott Stellaris for $140.00

The next 6 nights see large price jumps and I will be using the Resort option to avoid the Renaissance as we would prefer to be at Palm Beach. I was hoping someone could let me know if they recall and prices they scored during this season using Priceline.

Regards,
John

Randi
11-17-2010, 01:37 PM
As you know this is a very busy time. We usually come down before our time share week and the prices from the low to high season jump a lot. Be mindful that if you are purchasing from Priceline that you get the rooms after the hotel's guests that booked directly with them. I have been told that by a few hotels directly. If the hotel is fully booked you can't be picky on room allocation.

I have no idea what the price range is for the high season but you might try redweek and see what is availbale for the timeshares along palm beach.

JohnMcCloy
11-17-2010, 01:53 PM
Yeah I have used them numerous times in the past and luckily during low season I was able to request a room upgrade at the Westin and they obliged which was nice of them. I am not concerned with our room location however.
It seems like a majority of those who go during high season have timeshares.

Randi
11-17-2010, 01:59 PM
It is a lot more economical if you are a family. No eating out 3x's a day!! Especially with three big sons, $$$$$!! :eek:

JohnMcCloy
11-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Yeah we are just a couple and love to eat out. I suppose when you have such a large family eating out every day is difficult to do.

Arubalisa
11-17-2010, 03:58 PM
If you cannot get anything through priceline give a call to Players Choice/MCM Tours http://www.aruba4u.com/. The Radisson came out with a special December 11- 25 for $153 per night PLUS tax. I am willing to bet Players 1-(800)-642-7822 can do better than Radisson's website.

Andrea J.
11-17-2010, 10:54 PM
john i have used resort option and have gotten renaissance marina a couple of times.

good luck.

3rd time returning but wanted to go during high season knowing that the costs would be considerably higher so I was curious if anyone had ever used this during week 52/Christmas & New Years.

I have had luck so far scoring:
3 Nights Dec 19th-22nd Renaissance for $90.00
3 Nights Dec 22nd - 15th Marriott Stellaris for $140.00

The next 6 nights see large price jumps and I will be using the Resort option to avoid the Renaissance as we would prefer to be at Palm Beach. I was hoping someone could let me know if they recall and prices they scored during this season using Priceline.

Regards,
John