PDA

View Full Version : Retagger's lunch @ West Deck

Retagger
05-17-2016, 03:25 PM
My wife and I had a great lunch today at West Deck. The parking area was packed so we thought the place would be packed but only about 8 people eating lunch. Our waiter said that many local workers park here because they don't want to have to pay for parking in the center of town- so they park here and walk to work.

We started with a bucket of Balishi (6 small bottles) for $20.00. The beers were ice cold. My wife had the fish sandwich with a side of potatoe salad and I had a burger with sweet potato fries. Both dishes were excellent! The overall experience here is tropical with soft beach music in the background. The total bill was $59.00 which includes a 15% service charge. We would and will return. Here are a few photos of our food and a view from the deck showing the fishing boats.

WaltVB
05-18-2016, 01:16 PM
In case anyone was wondering, the second boat from the left in the third picture is for sale. I don't own it or know who does, but I thought I would toss that in :D:D David, your meal looks wonderful. We really like the West Deck as our first stop on arrival in Aruba. Thanks for sharing!

danadog56
05-18-2016, 01:23 PM
Thanks for letting us know how everything was, I keep saying we have to go there but haven't made it yet. We will for sure on our November trip...nothing like cold Balashis to wash down a good fish sandwich !!!!

schexc
05-18-2016, 03:16 PM
I I wish it was a little bit longer and better equipped, so that I could claim it as a residence:)

Forgot to mention that we love the West Deck. It's a must stop every trip.

In case anyone was wondering, the second boat from the left in the third picture is for sale. I don't own it or know who does, but I thought I would toss that in :D:D David, your meal looks wonderful. We really like the West Deck as our first stop on arrival in Aruba. Thanks for sharing!