PDA

View Full Version : Timer irrigation system

garyiryna
08-28-2016, 09:46 PM
How easy or costly us it to set up a timed water system from the septic tank ???

act1966
08-28-2016, 11:34 PM
How easy or costly us it to set up a timed water system from the septic tank ???

Our landscaper did it for us. About $200 USD plus labour.

aquaman
08-28-2016, 11:54 PM

A float activated pump in the septic system. It activates when level rises and cuts off when level is low. The pump is activated electrically from a timer. In Aruba the recommended timer is an Intermatic. There are 2 specific models. T101R and T104R. They are designed for outdoor use. The. R designation is important. The timer is generally set to run for 5-10 minutes at night. The cost of the timers here are around $80 at Home Depot. The pump is available in Aruba at about 200Afl. If you get one be sure that the model will not seize up if it sucks up paper or other septic goodies

Hope this helps

Andrea J.
08-29-2016, 12:00 AM
eewww septic goodies ;)

this topic makes me appreciate our city's sewer system.

act1966
08-29-2016, 09:30 AM
eewww septic goodies ;)

this topic makes me appreciate our city's sewer system.

But then you miss the screaming when you're standing near the septic spray and the timer goes on!

"I'd be careful whiffing that gardenia if I were you..."

__steve__
08-29-2016, 10:01 PM
I smelled that irrigation biowater at those apartments at Esmeralda. No fertilizer needed lol, but keep your drinks covered when driving by :eek:

aquaman
08-29-2016, 10:51 PM
I smelled that irrigation biowater at those apartments at Esmeralda. No fertilizer needed lol, but keep your drinks covered when driving by :eek:

yes but they say it's great for the complexion

Aruba4ever
08-30-2016, 10:15 AM
So are you actually watering with waste? There is a company or companys that do this in Aruba and its why I can't stay there....it freaks me out, and the smell, disgusting!

act1966
08-30-2016, 10:25 AM
It's gray water if the system is set up properly. Which, in Aruba, isn't always necessarily the case.

So are you actually watering with waste? There is a company or companys that do this in Aruba and its why I can't stay there....it freaks me out, and the smell, disgusting!

Andrea J.
08-30-2016, 10:48 AM
Most , if not all of the resorts use gray water for their irrigation. We use it here in our community for the golf course and common areas. Sometimes there is a smell, most times not.
Our home lawns and flower beds are watered with regular tap water.

aquaman
08-30-2016, 12:46 PM
Years ago we were disgusted to see raw sewerage being sprayed on crops of tomatoes and lettuce when we drove in the country areas of Mexico. No comment

Aruba4ever
08-30-2016, 01:03 PM
I thankfully know of at least one that does not. I understand the concept but the reality freaks me out beyond belief. Its funny, I have almost no sense of smell. That said, there are some things I smell just fine and wish I did not.

Most , if not all of the resorts use gray water for their irrigation. We use it here in our community for the golf course and common areas. Sometimes there is a smell, most times not.
Our home lawns and flower beds are watered with regular tap water.

schexc
08-30-2016, 03:23 PM
Sounds like a gray area...

It's gray water if the system is set up properly. Which, in Aruba, isn't always necessarily the case.

act1966
08-30-2016, 03:34 PM
But no need to poo-poo it.

Heh.

Sounds like a gray area...

WaltVB
08-31-2016, 01:59 PM
Most , if not all of the resorts use gray water for their irrigation.

I'm sure we remember the fairly recent episode at Divi...

aquaman
08-31-2016, 10:21 PM
Ok.......why is it called gray water? Not brown or slightly yellow or......?

Traceyd14
09-01-2016, 08:37 AM
Ok.......why is it called gray water? Not brown or slightly yellow or......?
You can rest assured, your namesake is not tarnished, the correct term in the industry is greywater. This is to differentiate it from black water which actually contains the nasty stuff. Greywater from washing machines and sink drains does often appear to turn the color grey.

aquaman
09-01-2016, 09:53 AM
You can rest assured, your namesake is not tarnished, the correct term in the industry is greywater. This is to differentiate it from black water which actually contains the nasty stuff. Greywater from washing machines and sink drains does often appear to turn the color grey.

haha...thanks. Seems I get to learn a lot about things I never really wanted to, but your right. Don't want any tarnishing. Could be difficult to get clean.

Thanks for for the explanation

john

garyiryna
09-01-2016, 09:24 PM
If timer set at 2am or 3am. Will there still be a smell during the day ? So the poo turns into water in septic tank then sprayed ? I hear a lot of people use this. ? What make of pump is best so won't sieze up ?

garyiryna
09-01-2016, 09:27 PM
If no pump used how often should septic tank be emptied and how much is cost ? I had herd $30

garyiryna
09-01-2016, 09:38 PM
Our landscaper did it for us. About $200 USD plus labour.

Could you landscaper do ours ??

act1966
09-02-2016, 12:08 AM
Could you landscaper do ours ??

Hmmm. We don't know who he is as it's all done magically through our property manager. Are you using a PM?