PDA

View Full Version : Two New Cases of Coronavirus in Aruba

elephant_guy
06-29-2020, 02:27 PM
https://24ora.com/dos-caso-nobo-di-covid-19/

My Papiamento isn't any where near good enough to translate the article but a friend messaged me the above article. After a month of no active cases it looks like 2 new cases have been detected in 2 persons, the infections are believed to have originated in Colombia.

Only 2 cases in a month is a massive achievement in public health for any country and the Aruban government are currently engaged in the isolation / contact tracing process of the person's concerned. It just goes to show that nowhere is exempt from this virus and taking all necessary precautions including COVID testing for all arriving persons on such a small island is a crucial part of stopping the virus.

Let's hope the persons infected recover fully and that the virus is isolated and contained quickly.

Andrea J.
07-03-2020, 09:26 AM
the 2 folks that have covid are aruba residents, Colombian immigrants.
they came in on a repatriation flight 20 days ago and tested positive on Monday June 29.
the 3rd case is a person, aruba resident who was in florida for a few weeks getting repair and maintenance done on his private plane.
upon return to aruba a day or 2 ago, he tested positive.
he flew an empty plane back to aruba, no passengers or crew.

I do not know th condition of these 3 individuals.

https://24ora.com/dos-caso-nobo-di-covid-19/

My Papiamento isn't any where near good enough to translate the article but a friend messaged me the above article. After a month of no active cases it looks like 2 new cases have been detected in 2 persons, the infections are believed to have originated in Colombia.

Only 2 cases in a month is a massive achievement in public health for any country and the Aruban government are currently engaged in the isolation / contact tracing process of the person's concerned. It just goes to show that nowhere is exempt from this virus and taking all necessary precautions including COVID testing for all arriving persons on such a small island is a crucial part of stopping the virus.

Let's hope the persons infected recover fully and that the virus is isolated and contained quickly.