PDA

View Full Version : If passenger near me is positive?

Andrea J.
07-03-2020, 09:58 AM
I received a more complete answer.

The person sitting next to me on the airplane is tested positive upon arrival, consequently a contact tracing process will commence. What if during the contact tracing it is detected that I’ve been in close contact with the person who has tested positive for COVID-19? In that case, what will be the procedure for me? Will I have to go into quarantine right away?

In this case, the airline will provide the Department of Public Health with all seating information of the flight, the DPH will conduct the contact tracing using this information. At this point, it is presumed that every passenger has taken all preventive measures as stipulated such as; the wearing of face masks, the usage of hand sanitizers, frequent hand washing etc. Next, the DPH will do an intake and each person who may have been at 1,5 meter of a distance of the passenger who has tested positive, will receive a letter to advise them as such and to take good note of possible symptoms that they may develop during the coming days. To clarify, the person will not have to go into quarantine (if a mask was worn during the entire flight), but will be advised to monitor themselves.