PDA

View Full Version : Rona does not hold back

Andrea J.
08-05-2020, 03:39 PM
https://batibleki.wheninaruba.com/stop-dicking-around/

ArubaAce
08-05-2020, 04:25 PM
She sure doesn't! She threw them under the bus!!!

B Likes To Travel
08-05-2020, 04:52 PM
No sugar coating this. I expected this increase to happen. Too bad for Aruba. Hopefully it doesn't get worse, but...ya know.

cpjones
08-05-2020, 07:58 PM
Well said...... anyone can spread this stuff..... Distance, masks and some common sense is what's lacking.

Arawak
08-05-2020, 09:12 PM
Sheesh, thought it was going to be another one of "those" articles from her.

"I believe a double digit increase in active Covid19 cases will be revealed, today. Please God let me be wrong. The MinPres will say it’s OK, and that we can handle it. But the truth, I fear, is different. Even Curacao is worried about us."

They literally said the day before to expect a big increase in the coming days.

"Stop dicking around with the agreement with the Netherlands. We kicked the can down the road long enough. Let’s get off the pot. Sign. Move on. WITH RESOURCES. With a supervised plan. The stalling doesn’t contribute to anything. We need to move forward as soon as possible, now that even FASE is endangered. "

This has nothing to do with public health plans in relation to Covid. The GOA is trying to get Aruba a good deal that actually reflects the situation on the island and is not some sort of "one size fits all" solution for all the islands. This is specifically the reason why Aruba split from the Netherlands Antilles to begin with some 35 years ago. Because no attention was being paid to the local context. So, the GOA needs to take as much time as possible to ensure a deal that is actually beneficial to us.

Everything else I agree with her. I avoided all of those places since the border reopening.