PDA

View Full Version : August 17

Kent-ArubaBob
08-17-2020, 03:05 PM

thumbnail from the DVG site

Aruba4ever
08-17-2020, 03:34 PM
Todays are much lower than previous days.

Brenda
08-17-2020, 05:16 PM
Numbers aren't getting less.

Only 60 locals were tested, and 19 tested positive, that is 30%.

The rest of the test were used at the airport for tourist.
I guess they are really out of tests by now.

Very sad, I hoped the doctors would bring some along, where is the help for Aruba?

Brenda
08-17-2020, 05:18 PM
Todays are much lower than previous days.

It seems that way because only 60 locals were tested.

Andrea J.
08-17-2020, 05:19 PM
Brenda where are you getting the information that Aruba is out of tests?

Brenda
08-17-2020, 05:25 PM
Brenda where are you getting the information that Aruba is out of tests?

I was told this by a Dutch doctor who lives there part of the year and who may travel there to work at the hospital if needed.

He mentioned it a week ago, since doctors and nurses are flown in from CuraƧao and the Netherlands, I assumed tests would be brought along.

Andrea J.
08-17-2020, 05:27 PM
there are plenty of tests still on the island.
also too...the Aug 17 numbers reflect Aug 16 as well.
Aug 16 was Sunday.
Dr's offices closed Sunday.
Some testing sites closed Sunday.

Numbers aren't getting less.

Only 60 locals were tested, and 19 tested positive, that is 30%.

The rest of the test were used at the airport for tourist.
I guess they are really out of tests by now.

Very sad, I hoped the doctors would bring some along, where is the help for Aruba?

ArubaAce
08-17-2020, 05:31 PM
Well on the positive it doesn't look like hospitalizations are going up. Deaths are still at 4. I'm looking for good news.

Andrea J.
08-17-2020, 05:33 PM
Please stay on topic

this is covid in Aruba category

thanks!

Andrea J.
08-17-2020, 05:35 PM
the timing on testing and the DVG's numbers

EX: the DVG releases the prior day
so today's release on Aug 17 were the numbers from yesterday the 16th.

Aruba4ever
08-17-2020, 08:04 PM
Where can we see the number of tests done daily? I was"happy" with the results till it was posted they only tested a limited amount. The percent positive is an excellent indicator of what is truly going on IMHO.

Brenda
08-17-2020, 08:06 PM
there are plenty of tests still on the island.

That is good to hear.
I have no idea why I would have been told otherwise, if it wasn't a fact at that point, unless the 45 medical staff send in have brought tests in order for there to be plenty right now.

May I ask who communicated the plenty of tests? TIA

Brenda
08-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Where can we see the number of tests done daily? I was"happy" with the results till it was posted they only tested a limited amount. The percent positive is an excellent indicator of what is truly going on IMHO.

Unfortunately there is some intentional misinformation about this going on.

You will have to take your calculator an look at the previous days in order to find out how many tests were done.

Other than that, people are free to leave isolation after 7 days, and are then mentioned as recuperated, without getting a test to be sure. They are taken of the total of active/positive cases, to make it seem things are going better.

With only 60 tests done and 30% testing positive, it then still looks like numbers are going down, since so few people tested positive.

The number of people leaving isolation due to for example financial reasons may be higher than the number of people tested, there could be - 7 positive tests the way the arrange things now.

In the same time Aruba is the country with the highest number of infections p population in the world:

https://www.mupload.nl/img/fi5fyh1u.jpeg

Andrea J.
08-17-2020, 08:22 PM
people are only allowed to leave isolation when they test negative.

Unfortunately there is some intentional misinformation about this going on.

You will have to take your calculator an look at the previous days in order to find out how many tests were done.

Other than that, people are free to leave isolation after 7 days, and are then mentioned as recuperated, without getting a test to be sure. They are taken of the total of active/positive cases, to make it seem things are going better.

With only 60 tests done and 30% testing positive, it then still looks like numbers are going down, since so few people tested positive.

The number of people leaving isolation due to for example financial reasons may be higher than the number of people tested, there could be - 7 positive tests the way the arrange things now.

In the same time Aruba is the country with the highest number of infections p population in the world:

https://www.mupload.nl/img/fi5fyh1u.jpeg

Andrea J.
08-17-2020, 08:40 PM
I closed this thread because I do not believe that any of us want to read misinformation.
It is better to read no information than mistruths.

If you have something that needs to be added to this thread, message me.

Andrea J.
08-17-2020, 09:08 PM
From an Aruban mom (4 kids in the public schools)

She told me that school is closed as of now til Sept 3.
Helping to prevent the spread.