PDA

View Full Version : Need some help/advice

Ranko
02-15-2021, 10:27 AM
Hi all.

I went to Aruba for my first time March 2020 and fell in love with the island. My girlfriend at the time and I had the idea to buy a property somewhere in the south with the plan being to have part of our property as rental units. A combination business/retirement. I was thinking more Central America until the trip. We did Curacao first but Aruba was it for me.

I have read that if I buy property in Aruba I can stay for 6 months then have to return to Canada for 6 months. If I'm buying property and starting a business in Aruba I don't want it to be a 6 month operation. Is there an exception to the 6 month rule if I start a business?

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

Ranko

JohnMtl
02-17-2021, 12:49 PM
My guess is that you will need to apply for a work permit under the “under construction” startup category.

https://www.dimasaruba.aw/en/applicants/work/startups/

Stanley
04-11-2021, 09:38 AM
There are solutions and different ways you can walk. I recommend to talk to an office.specialized in that. I know one that can help you very well.. feel.free.to PM since I don't want to be considered a spammer :). Good luck!

SueGardner
04-11-2021, 05:47 PM
Contact Solaica at
"solaica@clarinda-consultancy.com" <solaica@clarinda-consultancy.com>
We were residents in Aruba for a year and a half and she dealt with Dimas for us to get our resident status. We were retired so maybe a little different, but if I am not mistaken she deals with business people too. Good luck

annf
04-11-2021, 06:30 PM
Second vote for Solaica! She knows the system and will be very helpful. If she can't address your issues she will suggest another reliable person.

Stanley
04-12-2021, 12:34 PM
lol, Solaica was also the person I was referring to :-) So that's 3 votes for Solaica