This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Bushiribana Cave Pool

Post Thanks / Like

Bushiribana Cave Pool

Has anyone been to the "new" pool near the gold mill ruins? I'd like to visit on my next trip in June. We are renting a jeep to explore, and thought this would be something fun to share with the kids. Is it ever closed due to water conditions like the Natural Pool?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have and chickened out. Water choppy the day we went. That slippery wooden ladder was crazy. Not easy to find too. We thought if we got injured who would help us out there in no mans world. Maybe on a super calm day, with others around for support, but for us it was a no go.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crimms View Post
    We have and chickened out. Water choppy the day we went. That slippery wooden ladder was crazy. Not easy to find too. We thought if we got injured who would help us out there in no mans world. Maybe on a super calm day, with others around for support, but for us it was a no go.
    Sean and Susan
    I've watched a few videos online and it looks amazing, but that "ladder" definitely makes me nervous! I guess if nothing else we can check it out one of the days we are exploring. I really don't want to worry about one of my kids getting hurt down there
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I saw it.
    It would be a BIG "Pass" as even in our younger and thinner days, we'd be chicken to use the ladder.
    Agree with CRIMMS.

Quote Originally Posted by hmitchell_travelplanner View Post
    Has anyone been to the "new" pool near the gold mill ruins? I'd like to visit on my next trip in June. We are renting a jeep to explore, and thought this would be something fun to share with the kids. Is it ever closed due to water conditions like the Natural Pool?

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I watched my 23 year old son go down that ladder when we were there in October. NO THANKS. He said it was fun but scary. Still a big NOPE for me. There were lots of people there though, so I guess people do enjoy it!

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've done this pool multiple times and LOVE it! The pool is beautiful, tranquil, and there is even a spot on the surrounding rocks where you can jump into it. The ladder referenced is very sturdy and well built so I didn't find that a concern at all. That being said, there are some safety concerns to be mindful of while entering and exiting the natural pool. There is a green moss which grows on the rocks that makes the pool very slippery when you try to climb out of it. While jumping in is very fun and exhilarating, it is important to know where to jump into it and to be mindful of the water depth in the cave to be sure it is safe for jumping. It is also important to monitor the ocean activity and the choppiness of the waves and not approach the pool if the ocean is too rough. My recommendation to you is to go on a tour that includes the natural pool by the Bushiribana ruins (aka the Boca pool or the "new" natural pool). There are several tours that offer it as a stop. The benefit of the tour is that the tour guide will go with the group to the pool. The tour guide evaluates if it is safe to enter and he'll point out the proper way to enter and exit the pool as well as point out safety tips for jumping. The tour guide will also help you to exit the pool (give you a hand as you climb out for stability). Lastly, and most important, the tour guide is there as your lifeguard.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    3 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SkiChris View Post
    I've done this pool multiple times and LOVE it! The pool is beautiful, tranquil, and there is even a spot on the surrounding rocks where you can jump into it. The ladder referenced is very sturdy and well built so I didn't find that a concern at all. That being said, there are some safety concerns to be mindful of while entering and exiting the natural pool. There is a green moss which grows on the rocks that makes the pool very slippery when you try to climb out of it. While jumping in is very fun and exhilarating, it is important to know where to jump into it and to be mindful of the water depth in the cave to be sure it is safe for jumping. It is also important to monitor the ocean activity and the choppiness of the waves and not approach the pool if the ocean is too rough. My recommendation to you is to go on a tour that includes the natural pool by the Bushiribana ruins (aka the Boca pool or the "new" natural pool). There are several tours that offer it as a stop. The benefit of the tour is that the tour guide will go with the group to the pool. The tour guide evaluates if it is safe to enter and he'll point out the proper way to enter and exit the pool as well as point out safety tips for jumping. The tour guide will also help you to exit the pool (give you a hand as you climb out for stability). Lastly, and most important, the tour guide is there as your lifeguard.
    Thanks for this!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    There’s 6 natural pools I have seen of various levels of being dangerous, two of them Conchi and boca mahos are commonly visited by us tourists
    0 0