This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Excursions

Post Thanks / Like

Excursions

During our trip we pre-booked two excursions:

Kukoo Kunukoo Party Bus -After seeing this bus ride around all these years we were finally able to book with our daughter. What an experience. Our host Mama was so fun. We did the one that included dinner. After they pick you up at your hotel you go to the Lighthouse for a champagne sunset toast. After that they take you to Barney's for a basic dinner of chicken kabobs, rice and beans, salad and a brownie for dessert. Then we hit 3 local bars/clubs. Had a free drink at each stop. Mama got everyone up dancing and singing. We had a great crowd on the bus as well. We even saw Mama at La Cabana one day when we were playing bingo in the pool. We called out to her and she remembered us and came running over and gave us all a kiss. If you book online there is a special $10 off for Monday. It cost about $60 plus tax for the dinner tour.

SailAway Sunset Dinner Cruise - after a small glitch with the anchor after boarding we finally were on our way to the most beautiful sunset. We got so many great pictures. Dinner was surprising very good - pasta with chicken, fish, rice and a tomato cucumber salad and all the rum drinks you can handle. Music was played and some dancing was done. At the end of the sailing my daughter was the only one who did the rope swing twice. My only negative comment is I wish the crew was more interactive with the crowd. Don't get me wrong they were friendly, just wish more interaction. We had a 15% off coupon for the dinner sail and it was about $60 plus tax.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We swear we are going to do Kukoo Kunukoo every year, but somehow don't find the time. Our daughter has done it with her friend and still says it's the most fun thing she's ever done in Aruba. The Sail Away tour sounds nice, where do they leave from?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The Kukoo bus is definitely fun. If you do the dinner tour they do ask you if you have any dietary issues and accommodate and if you are celebrating an occasion. Just remember it is what you make it. We were lucky and had a great crowd on our bus. There was not an empty seat.

The Sunset Sail leaves near the Moomba Bar. It's not as crowded as the Jolly Pirate Sunset Sail (we did that when we were younger). It was enjoyable and relaxing and would do again. Couldn't beat the price with dinner and drinks included. They do not serve wine or beer as they said that's what causes headaches and motion sickness but you can bring your own as long as it is not in glass. The rum drinks they served were fine (sweet) but good. Wish I new how to include pictures. Sorry.
    0 1