This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Fishing charter recommendation

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing charter recommendation

Any recommendations on a 1/2 day fishing charter? We are staying at Marriott Renaissance ocean suites so I prefer it be from the marina close to there. Thank you!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi and welcome to the aruba.com community forum

here is a list of charters. https://www.aruba.com/us/search?q=fishing&pt=&start=1
    I am familiar with Hats Off and Driftwood.
    Also too if you take a walk over to the marina, some if not all of the captains will take names and partner people so that it cuts down on the costs.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My hubby and a friend did the one from the Driftwood. They brought some of what they caught back to the condo and the rest went to the Driftwood and they prepared it for us that night (a fee is charged). We figure the rest of the fish was served to people around us.

Post Thanks / Like
    Highly recommend Hatts Off, great boat knowledgeable, safe captain, and fun mate.

I would also caution against Lucky Star. We booked them once from the beach did not enjoy the trip, then another year we booked through a concierge and ended up on the same boat without realizing it, again not a good experience.
    1 1

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    Laurenz Van Mook has 2 boats at the marina right by your hotel. His web site is flyandspinfishingaruba.com He has 1/2 trips and has two boats to choose from. I have fished with him a dozen times at least. A fun guy who knows where the fish are. Good luck
    1 1