This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Fishing from shore?

Post Thanks / Like

Fishing from shore?

I will be in Aruba for 2 months Jan & Feb 2020 and would like to fish from shore, so looking for any helpful info ; Where to fish ? Time of day that's best ? Type of bait or lures to use ? Anywhere to buy bait ? Type of fish caught? Any help appreciated? Thanks
    Last edited by AndyH; 12-23-2019 at 09:09 PM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi Andy
    Welcome to the Aruba.com/forum
    Happy Holidays too!
    check out this existing thread
    Favorite Fishing Lures/Baits Fishing Report?

also too my husband has fished from time to time on past trips....usually at Mangel Halto area and Arashi Beach.
    you also may want to reach out to one of the forum members Lucky. he fishes at Arashi when he is on island usually in late Nov/early Dec.

QUOTE=AndyH;354657]I will be in Aruba for 2 months Jan & Feb 2020 and would like to fish from shore, so looking for any helpful info ; Where to fish ? Time of day that's best ? Type of bait or lures to use ? Anywhere to buy bait ? Type of fish caught? Any help appreciated? Thanks[/QUOTE]
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyH View Post
    I will be in Aruba for 2 months Jan & Feb 2020 and would like to fish from shore, so looking for any helpful info ; Where to fish ? Time of day that's best ? Type of bait or lures to use ? Anywhere to buy bait ? Type of fish caught? Any help appreciated? Thanks
    Thanks I'm new to this forum, how would I find Lucky? Thanks
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Andy, welcome to the forum. I believe forum member Coldsteel also fishes in Aruba. To send a private message to a forum member click on their screen name and then click on "private message".

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Unfortunately shore fishing is not as productive as here in the States,I’ve fished early morning(at sunup)at Arashi beach and caught some bonefish,interestingly snorkeled during the day at Arashi and saw schools of a couple hundred normally shy bonefish amongst the bathers.Besides there I’ve seen locals balloon fishing just south of the point at California sand dunes.i have heard about but not fished Spanish lagoon down by Mangel halto for small Tarpon and Permit having said that I’ve snorkeled from Baby beach to Arashi beach and have not seen any games fish besides the Bonefish and an occasional Horse eye jack.good luck and tight lines.
    2 2

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    Andy H, I replied to your PM. Check out my techniques for early morning action along the beaches. Bring 4 to 6 inch soft plastic swim baits. Deadly when the birds are diving!
    1 1