This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Flamingo Beach...is it worth it?

Post Thanks / Like

Flamingo Beach...is it worth it?

We're considering spending a day at Flamingo Beach, the private island beach of the Renaissance hotel.
    I believe the cost is $125/ PP including lunch and a drink.

Is it worth the price to spend the day there? Any pros or cons (besides the cost).

Thanks,
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It may be worth looking into how much it would cost to stay one night at the Renaissance as it may end up being less expensive. We stay at the Renaissance the last few nights of our trip and have enjoyed the island. It’s a short boat ride over. We have heard the restaurant is good but have not eaten there. When we last went there were just six flamingos. Great photo op and they love being fed. Personally, I wouldn’t pay $125 a person though.

1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    During the Covid situation, I am not sure they are even selling day passes.

As Peg suggested, you should look into a stay at the Renaissance as the island is included as an amenity for their guests.

If it were me, I would opt for a day at DePalm, as it includes food and there is more to do..............and they have flamingos too.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Andrea and Peg, that’s what I thought too. Where is DePalm beach? We will have a 15 year old with us so if there are things to do there that would occupy him, that might be a better bet. Thanks.
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here’s a link for DePalm island. Lots to do and I imagine a 15 year old would love it.
    https://depalmisland.com/pages/your-all-inclusive-day

1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Peg provided the link to Depalm!!
    It is a fun place. The food and beverages are plentiful and pretty good!!

Here is Depalm satellite views.
    It is located south of the airport by a few miles.

Flamingo Beach...is it worth it?-screen-shot-2021-03-25-7-01-55-pm-jpg

Flamingo Beach...is it worth it?-screen-shot-2021-03-25-7-03-11-pm-jpg

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Locals generally steer clear of the Renaissance island. They regularly have local specials, but locals prefer palm island because it's a better bang for your buck. The whole animal in captivity and cutting off their wings thing also isn't much appreciated. It's mostly just people wanting a nice pic for the "gram". So, if you want that nice pic with the flamingos or from one of the private bungalows, i'de say go for it. It is nice to chill at for a bit.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have gone to the islad both by paying for the day pass or staying at the Hotel. Since the day pass provides you food and drink credit it does make it a nice day. The food is Ok, nothing special but we have enjoyed it. We figure it is about the same cost if you went on any excursion. We usually schedule a couples message on the island when we do the day pass.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have been to both and both have positives. I think there is more to do at DePalm, but the food and beverage quality goes to Renaissance. If you want to splurge, I highly recommend the private beach cabanas at DePalm Island.

Flamingo Beach...is it worth it?-cabana-1-jpgFlamingo Beach...is it worth it?-cabana2-jpg
    Last edited by Traceyd14; 03-26-2021 at 06:22 PM.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1