This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How can I see flamingos?

Post Thanks / Like

How can I see flamingos?

I am a little confused on how we can take our son and my parents to see the flamingos. I have read several things about a boat taking you to Renaissance island but that you need to stay in that hotel. Also, I read you have to pay and it's expensive. Someone who lives in Aruba seemed to think it's free. Any help understanding how to make this happen is appreciated.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The only way I know of is to stay at the Renaissance downtown or buy a day pass. There are also flamingos on DePalm island. Research DePalm island tours.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The only way the island and seeing the flamingos is free is if you are staying at the Renaissance. Day passes are expensive. As Walt mentioned, DePalm island also has flamingos so that may be an option for you.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Also and this is NOT a guarantee.
    Visit the "bird sanctuary."
    There are a couple of entrances ...across from the Divi Phoenix, and across from the windmill.
    There are many types of birds.

Phillips Animal Farm may have a few flamingos, but I am to sure.

As Peg and Walt said...DePalm has flamingos.
    Currently DePalm Island is only open for Snuba and Sea Trek, but one can view the flamingos if one is there.
    I believe that they do not roam as freely on DePalm as on Renaissance Island.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Here is the bird sanctuary

How can I see flamingos?-screen-shot-2020-11-21-7-50-13-am-jpg

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be less expensive to book a night at the Renaissance than buy that many tickets to go to Renaissance Island.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    also too, children are not allowed on the flamingo side of Renaissance island for a full day...............there is an hr or 2 in the early morning and then the kids must go onto the family side.
    the flamingos do frequently roam over to the "family side" I have been told, but only have seen them over there once or twice.

if you can, buy a night at the renaissance ocean suites and that will give you access.
    children also not allowed at the renaissance marina tower

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for all the info everyone! This helps me understand what it will take to see them. We honestly may skip it while my parents are here.
    0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another thing that you need to be aware of, I believe that they are only selling 5 passes per day right now. Sometimes they sell out as soon as they are available. I have a timeshare at Renaissance Ocean Suites, and honestly, I think that the charge is too expensive. I go to the island for free since I stay at Renaissance but I would never pay to go over there. The flamingos are beautiful but after a few minutes the attraction wears off.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree 100%
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    Another thing that you need to be aware of, I believe that they are only selling 5 passes per day right now. Sometimes they sell out as soon as they are available. I have a timeshare at Renaissance Ocean Suites, and honestly, I think that the charge is too expensive. I go to the island for free since I stay at Renaissance but I would never pay to go over there. The flamingos are beautiful but after a few minutes the attraction wears off.

0 2