This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Personal Guide

Post Thanks / Like

Personal Guide

Does anyone know of a service that offers a 'guide' for a specific event? I have searched but can only find tour related guides. I am in want of some help/guidance for a few hours, but not having much luck.
    ​Laura from NH/Divi Village

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hmmmm, I don't know.
    ex: a snorkeling guide? or SCUBA guide?
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Rent-A-Friend? hahaha

Well..... Palo Marga is still holding races for street legal cars (as opposed to the big racing events) on Saturdays and I want to go. None of my friends seem to be interested and the track is located in an area with which I am not familiar. Plus I'm not fond of driving in the dark these days, and it will be dark when its time to leave the track. So I am looking for someone to take me and hang with (and probably translate) for a couple of hours.

If there's no business that offers this kind of service, I've asked the few Aruban residents I know if they have a friend or relative who'd be able to help me out, but they didn't have much luck either. I'd pay for their gas, entrance fee and also for their time. Probably wishful thinking at this point.

I could suck it up and go on my own, but knowing myself as I do, that doesn't seem likely :P

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wish I was gonna be there, I'd take you and pay my own way. That's exactly the type of thing I'd love to do, and Pam would hate. Where are you staying? The concierge might have an idea.
    I want to grow my own food, but I can't find any bacon seeds...
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Check with First Class Aruba. They offer many other services besides the airport arrival/departure service.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the suggestions. I am going to check with some of the resort staff when I get there.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That's one thing that we have never done on the island, a drag racing event. We really need to pay attention to their schedule and attend an event.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If we were there with you right now, we would go! My husband has gone a few times to both watch and take pictures and he had a blast. He is a huge car person and a car photographer, so he was beside himself being able to be at something like that in Aruba. I hope you find someone to go along!
    0 0