This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Small boat fishing in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Small boat fishing in Aruba

Hello again, I would also like to know if a 22ft center console boat would be sufficient to fish Aruba waters for Mahi, Wahoo, etc.?
    I currently live in Key West Florida and am looking to move to Aruba and transport my boat to fish/dive, etc. as I do here in the Keys.
    Thanks!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum.

also copying this to the ACTIVITIES/SPORTS area where there may be some other fishermen/women who may have some insight.

Quote Originally Posted by ohana View Post
    Hello again, I would also like to know if a 22ft center console boat would be sufficient to fish Aruba waters for Mahi, Wahoo, etc.?
    I currently live in Key West Florida and am looking to move to Aruba and transport my boat to fish/dive, etc. as I do here in the Keys.
    Thanks!

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are on the Palm Beach side your fine....go to Eagle and you too should be fine as long as its not an overly rough day. Go to the "other side" and you are going to be swimming with the fish....as your boat will not be close to being large enough to deal with the waves- this is coming from someone who owns a 22 foot boat.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I asked my husband his opinion, we had a 24' boat for a while so he is familiar. He is most days for fishing and diving you will be fine. He reminded me of some of the boats we have see tied up at the pier that look to be much less seaworthy than a 22' center console. He also thinks you will be disappointed in the fishing compared to the Keys.
    0 0