This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: are snorkel masks and flippers available to rent

Post Thanks / Like

are snorkel masks and flippers available to rent

Hello wonderful community. I apologize if there is already a thread on this topic, but I cannot find one. We will be staying at the Divi Phoenix later this month, and we would like to go snorkeling at some of the beaches around the island. I have 3 questions:

1. Does anyone know for sure if the Phoenix has snorkel equipment available for guest use? I do not see this listed on the hotel website.

2. Do you know of a dive shop or some place that rents snorkels, masks, and flippers? We will bring our own if necessary, but would like to compare the option of renting if offered somewhere on the island.

3. Do you have any suggestions for places we should snorkel? We are looking for places where we can walk into the water and snorkel from shore. We have gone on excursions while in Aruba before, but are on a more limited budget for this trip.

Thank you very much for any info you can provide.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I did just find the thread on snorkel gear rentals. I see that there is a place called red sail. I will check that. I would still love to hear any information you may have on this topic and my questions above.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is less expensive to bring your own gear.
    you can rent snorkel gear at some places, but it is at least $10 pp per day.
    one place that I know is : Aqua Windies, located near the hospital.

no idea if the Divi has rental gear

Shore snorkel sites:
    Baby Beach (within the bowl)
    Catalina Cove
    Mangel Halto (often a current)
    Malmok Beach area

avoid these places on the weekends....crowded.
    go early morning too!!

Post Thanks / Like
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO.

Info for anyone else wondering about renting snorkeling gear:
    The rental fee at Red Sail is $16 per day for the vest plus $16 per day for the snorkel/mask/flippers.
    Amazon has many options for vests and snorkel sets that will pay for themselves in 2-3 days versus renting.

Thank you SO MUCH for the list of diving sites:
    Baby Beach was great. We rented a cabana for $60 for the day and snorkeled all day. For first-timers, the snorkel area is roped off from the swim area. You walk right in from the beach. It is like swimming in a fish tank full of tropical fish.

Catalina was positively amazing! In one day, we saw a ton of fish, two starfish the size of manhole covers, an octopus, and a yellow spotted eel that we mistook for a sea snake until we did some research online. So yes, thank you, thank you.

Malmok is also great. We did not make it to Mango Halto, but it's on the list for next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is less expensive to bring your own gear.
    you can rent snorkel gear at some places, but it is at least $10 pp per day.
    one place that I know is : Aqua Windies, located near the hospital.

no idea if the Divi has rental gear

Shore snorkel sites:
    Baby Beach (within the bowl)
    Catalina Cove
    Mangel Halto (often a current)
    Malmok Beach area

avoid these places on the weekends....crowded.
    go early morning too!!
    1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Excellent!
    Glad to read that your had a wonderful time.

I agree, it is better to buy and bring your own gear if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by TraciFromWisconsin View Post
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS INFO.

Info for anyone else wondering about renting snorkeling gear:
    The rental fee at Red Sail is $16 per day for the vest plus $16 per day for the snorkel/mask/flippers.
    Amazon has many options for vests and snorkel sets that will pay for themselves in 2-3 days versus renting.

Thank you SO MUCH for the list of diving sites:
    Baby Beach was great. We rented a cabana for $60 for the day and snorkeled all day. For first-timers, the snorkel area is roped off from the swim area. You walk right in from the beach. It is like swimming in a fish tank full of tropical fish.

Catalina was positively amazing! In one day, we saw a ton of fish, two starfish the size of manhole covers, an octopus, and a yellow spotted eel that we mistook for a sea snake until we did some research online. So yes, thank you, thank you.

Malmok is also great. We did not make it to Mango Halto, but it's on the list for next time.