This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunset Cruise

Post Thanks / Like

Sunset Cruise

My next trip will be a “Girls” trip with two of my best friends from NY that have never been to Aruba. I’d like to take a sunset cruise. Any suggestions on which one? They range in price from $40 pp to $80 pp. our age group is mid 60’s but we like to dance and have fun, but not sure if one like Jolly Pirates would be for us. I was also looking at the Dolphin?? Thanks for any ideas.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I've tried many of the sunset cruises and the Dolphin is my favorite one. I like it because:
    - It is a medium size catamaran (not too big and not too small - just the right size)
    - There is plenty of parking on the street/alley way that runs in between the Hyatt and Barcelo Resort along Palm Beach. Provides easy access to the Delphi Watersports Tent on Palm Beach where you need to check-in for the sunset sail.
    - If there is good wind, the captain of the Dolphin will actually let the catamaran "sail" for a period of time (vs. using the motors the entire time)
    - The Delphi Water Sports tent is located on the beach directly in front of the Hyatt. So while you are waiting for the cruise, you can walk up to the resort and see the Hyatt's beautiful black swans.
    - You have easy access to use the bathrooms in the courtyard/gardens of the Hyatt resort before and after the cruise (if you're like me, you'll do anything to avoid using a boat bathroom - LOL).
    - Delphi Watersports has a reasonable price.
    - The Dolphin has nets on the front of their catamaran and they allow passengers to sit on them (they even provide nice cushions to sit on - so you don't get splashed with water)
    - The staff of the Dolphin are fun, they play music the whole time, and the bar is always open throughout the trip.
    Bella Ruby - a luxury vacation home for your next tropical adventure in Aruba: www.BellaRubyAruba.com
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The Dolphin sounds like a great time. We are in our 60's and enjoy the Black Pearl. Access on and off the boat to snorkel is very easy, the crew is nice and it's more mellow than Jolly Pirates. Everyone gets a lounger with cushion and they have prescription goggles. Our second trip with them Pam borrowed a pair of their goggles and came up out of the water and said "there's a ship down there!" She had never seen the Antilla before with regular goggles. Plus they have a great rum punch and grilled cheese sandwiches. They pick up at Hadicurari pier and there is plenty of free parking at Moomba. Book early!

Sailing Charters on Aruba. Blue Melody & Black Pearl (aruba-sailing.com)

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I will put in a second vote for Black Pearl! Done it twice and plan to again this October. Love it for all the same reasons Walt listed.
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    A 3rd vote for Black Pearl!
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    How about Pelican sunset cruises with dj, drinks and snacks.

Post Thanks / Like
    Make that four!!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    A 3rd vote for Black Pearl!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the great responses. I looked at the Black Pearl, but they don’t sail in the weekend and it’s a,ready booked for the dates I was looking at. The Dolphin was my other choice and I think I’ll book.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    You likely have booked but for anyone else....I like the Black Pearl of course but this past October we did the Pelican sunset and we loved it!! Great seating, including a netted area up front. Snacks were in individual boxes (I hope they continue with that format), Music and what we really liked was at least 30 minutes of the end of the cruise was in darkness....loved being out on the water with the stars and moon above! Our guest is 81 and she had been on the Black Pearl many times. This time she said she prefered to sit cofortably as she was still recovering from knee surgery. Highly recommend!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    The year before the pandemic, we went on a sunset cruise. I think it was DePalm. It departed from the DePalm Pier. it was nice, but I would really like to try The Black Pearl too.
    0 0