This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Water sports and other activities including island tours

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Water sports and other activities including island tours

What tour operators have you used?

Have you been satisfied with your choices?

In all of the years that we have been going, we have never had a bad or even a mediocre experience with any.

I think that one of our highlights was the helicopter tour and our snorkeling with ArubaBob.

What I wish that we had done and someday may do................Trikes tour.

Something that I would never consider...........skydiving.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?
    Karma...It is pronounced "HaHaHaHa"
    SIDTM

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Never had a bad experience. We recommend Skydive Aruba, Trikes Aruba, Black Pearl, Jolly Pirates, and Kukoo Kunuku. Another thing we did on one of our first trips was an island tour with DePalm. That trip showed us how spectacular and diverse the island was away from the resorts and fueled my desire to see every corner of Aruba.

0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve only done a guided island tour once via ATV. I went with Action Tours Aruba and it was a great experience. The guides were patient and careful with everyone in making sure we operated the ATVs and UTVs safely.

The past few trips, I never felt the need to do it again, but I think I will next time. It was a lot of fun and I was sore for days, so it counted as exercise

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I haven't done very many, but the Black Pearl sunset snorkeling cruise is to this day my #1; so much so I'm doing it again this year!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We enjoyed Sea Bob Aruba for the power snorkel around the Malmok area. We did the Ultimate Jeep Sassari with AbC tours on our first visit and it was a great way to see the island and learn more about what we were seeing. I would probably not recommend the full 8 hour tour; it was a long day.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We really enjoyed the snorkel trip on Black Pearl. It was relaxed and the crew was especially friendly and helpful. Then, of course, the grilled cheese sandwiches!

The Seaworld Explorer, semi-submarine was another trip we took. I didn’t think I could handle the real submarine tour. The semi-sub doesn’t actually submerge. You just go below and there is a long wall of seats and portholes to look through. I enjoyed it but we really didn’t see too much. It was a nice ride above deck though and we did come across a few sea turtles. There were a few people who must have felt claustrophobic or nauseous when down below because they approached the tour operator and headed back to the upper deck.

The only other tour we did was a private tour with a taxi driver on the island. While we overall enjoyed it, the driver ignored one of our requests to stop in San Nicolas. I thought he would loop back but he didn’t so that was disappointing. Of course, I should have just spoken up. I always wished we had called Bully instead because I have since hear so many wonderful things about the tours of the island that he does.

0 0