This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1st and last night Dinner?

Post Thanks / Like
    Like Walt, we have nothing set in stone. By the time we arrive, travel to the condo and minimally unpack, grocery shop and settle, we're pretty beat. By then we've been up since 3:00 AM and it's now 8:00 PM. We're both satisfied with wine and cheese for the bride and vodka on the rocks for me. Night before departure day it is more of the same. Final packing and then a happy hour on the beach or perhaps dinner somewhere on the beach. We usually call it an earlier night, as we have to close down the condo and head to the airport by late morning, early afternoon the following day.
    Last edited by schexc; 05-27-2022 at 09:17 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Love this topic Thanks Andrea. I haven't made many trips to Aruba to have any traditions but love hearing about those who have.
    I will definitely try some of those places shared here, maybe All of them.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    If I arrive by noon, 1pm, I usually stop bye The West Deck from the airport for lunch. Then dinner is usually casual. Whenever I stood at La Cabana, I used to walk over to the other resort and get a Pizza from Pizza Bob but they are no longer there. This year I will probably settle for Sbarro when I stay at La Cabana or I will just get a burger at Islander Grill. I don't really like to go out to dinner the first night after a long day of traveling, getting up early..
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    We are Local-Store-for-the-1st-meal kind of people. Gotta get my Balashi levels evened out right from the start! Last meal has typically been Bugaloe for breakfast and ... wait for it... Local Store for lunch, depending on what flight out we have had. Not sure what we will do this year. Oh wait, yes I do.

This is a great topic! I love seeing everyone's traditions!

Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Exhausted from getting up at 3:30 am our first night is always the bar at Ruth Chris at the Marriott. It’s just so easy as we’re next door in the Ocean Club. The bartender knows exactly what we’re eating and drinking and pretty much calls the order for us as soon as we sit- Grey Goose martinis, rib eye steak on the bone and a wedge salad. Mike and I are so predictable.
    Our last night has always been Smokey Joe’s but the last two times, most recently this past Sunday, have been terrible. The ribs taste like they have been precooked days ahead and reheated for serving. So we’re looking to change that up to somewhere else in the Palm Beach area when we return in July. We may just end up at Ruth Chris again. There’s nothing wrong with having another martini and steak!
    0 5

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    We always have our first night dinner at Pizza Bob's. We are too tired after a long travel day, that usually begins with a 3am wake up, to venture far. We don't check in until around 5pm, so we drop off the luggage, grab some frozen concoctions at the bar, and sit on the beach until sunset. Then we make our way over to Pizza Bob's by Alhambra, stop in the convenience store for a few groceries, do a little unpacking at Costa Linda, and crash.

On the last day, we leave from Renaissance Ocean Suites. We usually have a late flight, so we have lunch at West Deck, and head to the airport to fight the crowds. I'm usually depressed at this point.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Our first night is always appetizers at Pelican Pier. Our last night is never planned - that's the tradition, just take it easy the last day and see where the day takes us.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    At this point we usually dine at the Divi Bar (at the Ritz) for our 1st and last meals of each trip.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    After traveling from San Diego overnight we usually take a quick shower after checking in, put on flip flops, shorts and tees, and walk over to Bugaloe - dare not risk taking a nap as we would sleep right through! Just have to keep going. Has been our first stop for many years - roll on September.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    For the first night we like to dine on the beach - last few years it's been Matthews, but we've also done Ricardo's. For the last night we've been doing Chalet Suisse (if they're not on vacation) and many of the couples we know that stay at Costa Linda also dine at Chalet Suisse on the last night. When Chalet Suisse is closed for vacation, we've gone to Barefoot for our last dinner.
    0 1