This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Azzurro requesting credit card

Post Thanks / Like

Azzurro requesting credit card

Just wondering if I should give Azzurro my credit card to hold a 4 person reservation for June 18. It seems strange considering that I have been coming to Aruba for 18 years and have never had to give a credit card. Appreciate any feedback
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    apparently a relatively new policy.

here is a thread about it. New reservation policy at Azzurro
    Just click the link

Quote Originally Posted by leslie1067 View Post
    Just wondering if I should give Azzurro my credit card to hold a 4 person reservation for June 18. It seems strange considering that I have been coming to Aruba for 18 years and have never had to give a credit card. Appreciate any feedback

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    we usually go to Azzurro, too, but I am not doing that. I will call the day of if I want to go but no way am I doing that especially since we are 2 people. I pay in cash so there is no reason for my credit card # to be on the island

Post Thanks / Like
    I too would never give my CC info for a simple reservation. I would call the day of and you won't have any issues.

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m not a fan of this practice so I would pass on the reservation.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree
    if they would not accept a phone reservation the day of, or the day before (no credit card), then I too would pass.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I’m not a fan of this practice so I would pass on the reservation.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a timeshare at the Playa Linda at the end of May so it is not really a busy time of year. Just try to avoid making the reservation the day you want to go. We tried that a few times and they were booked. Also never gave a credit card for a reservation in advance for a dinner reservation in Aruba.
    Last edited by darlou57; 04-26-2019 at 09:02 AM. Reason: add
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys, just does not feel right. Someone could get my credit info and cause all sorts of problems. I think it is a bad policy. I too am a repeat customer.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If you are going there just for the food and not especially for the atmosphere, then go to the Beach Bar at Playa Linda and order and eat there. We do that every year. We love the lobster risotto from Azzurro.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by darlou57 View Post
    I have a timeshare at the Playa Linda at the end of May so it is not really a busy time of year. Just try to avoid making the reservation the day you want to go. We tried that a few times and they were booked. Also never gave a credit card for a reservation in advance for a dinner reservation in Aruba.
    With respect to CC holds, it depends on the time of year you go to Aruba. When we go over Xmas/NY weeks almost every restaurant requires a CC hold. Too many ppl have abused restaurants during this busy time of year. Many no shows so this is how they must deal with the situation. When we go in March, some restaurants require CC holds but not as many. Certainly if you are a large group they will ask for a CC hold. We have never had an issue and its usually reputable places that we know. A friend of mine would never go to a restaurant during Xmas/NY if they asked for a CC hold but then as more started requiring this she had no choice or she wouldn't be able to go to most restaurants! This has become a necessary requirement as too many people double ( and triple) book reservations and either don't show up or cancel at the last minute. This leaves the restaurant in a precarious position especially if it is a small place.
    With respect to Azzuro, this policy is a new one and probably not well thought through. Apparently, they will charge you even if you reduce the number of ppl on your reservation even if you show up. That I have never heard of before and I would also not do. IMO, that is definitely outrageous.
    happiness is going to Aruba with your adult kids because they still want to come with their parents
    0 0