This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chalet Suisse question

Post Thanks / Like

Chalet Suisse question

Hello All,

I am looking into some different dining options this trip and came across Chalet Suisse. Anyone been recently? Thoughts? The menu looks good and the prices are Filet are very reasonable IMO.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Chalet Suisse is a can't miss restaurant for us. The food and service are consistently outstanding. We love their steaks, especially the Chateaubriand. My husband sometimes orders the lobster tails, and they are huge. The only drawback is that the acoustics are really bad and it can get very loud. However, that never stops us from going.

By the way, where did you end up booking for your stay?
    Last edited by hatteras; 01-05-2020 at 08:12 PM.

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven’t been, not sure why though as the menu looks good. I’ve seen a lot of positive reviews so I’m sure someone will post their experience.

Post Thanks / Like
    Been many times over many, many years. My husband loves their lamb chops! We don't go on every trip but their food and service is always solid (their menu is a little "old school" for me but their entrees are always prepared perfectly.) So if you like the menu, definitely go!
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: April & May 2020 -- Switzerland: July 2020

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for your help. We are staying at Oceania in a wonderful spot...thanks Robin and Stu! We have agreed to rent their spot and we are so excited to do so.

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thank you all for your help. We are staying at Oceania in a wonderful spot...thanks Robin and Stu! We have agreed to rent their spot and we are so excited to do so.
    That's perfect! I'd love to stay there sometime. I'm sure that you will love it.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The service is great and the food is always cooked to perfection. The decor is really dated, but you go for the food not the decor.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    absolutely dated ....like someone's elderly grandmother's dining room. nice, clean but yes, dated!!
    jay....shoot ace or jacki a message.
    they are both very much Chalet Suisse fans.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    The service is great and the food is always cooked to perfection. The decor is really dated, but you go for the food not the decor.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We went our first visit to Chalet Suisse- much hype was read about it but 3 of us thought our meals were meh,4th person got lamb( I think or duck?- something I don’t eat) and she enjoyed her meal. We were under dressed for such a fancy place- 1 person brings you water,1 for drinks,1 for this,1 for that. The decor as others have said is grossly outdated. The desserts were yummy! It was a 1 and done for us- felt more like a place for older folks(I know this comment always ruffles feathers but it is just my opinion and I am a senior citizen now so now i am older).
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with you jayna.
    I am 5 mos from Medicare (Hooray) so as someone old too... and I think the decor is old.
    (not dusty and decrepit old..out of date old.)
    It is not a place for jeans, jean shorts, tank tops etc..
    Paul and I dress the same way for CS as we would for barefoot , MJs, Bavaria Casa Nonna.

Disclosure, we have not been to CS in a few years.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    We went our first visit to Chalet Suisse- much hype was read about it but 3 of us thought our meals were meh,4th person got lamb( I think or duck?- something I don’t eat) and she enjoyed her meal. We were under dressed for such a fancy place- 1 person brings you water,1 for drinks,1 for this,1 for that. The decor as others have said is grossly outdated. The desserts were yummy! It was a 1 and done for us- felt more like a place for older folks(I know this comment always ruffles feathers but it is just my opinion and I am a senior citizen now so now i am older).
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1