This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dining/Food reviews

Post Thanks / Like
    Lisa, you are so right about personal taste. Often times I’ll love a place and Tom will be meh! The thing about posting reviews of a restaurant is that if you don’t like a place some of those who love it, will take it personal!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    When we were on the island for our 25th we went out with a couple who came down with us to a place they wanted to go to that many love. Out of 4 dinners 2 were good, and neither were ours, lol. I will give them credit they took both off the bill as they knew we did not enjoy our meals.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a really bad experience at a VERY popular restaurant when we first started coming to Aruba and, yes, we talked to an indifferent management. I’ve never set foot in there again but The Spouse says we should give it a go again just to get me riled up. The rant is endless.
    0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    It might be fun to start a thread on follow-up dining experiences at restaurants tried and disliked - but only if that visit changed your mind!!

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    We had a really bad experience at a VERY popular restaurant when we first started coming to Aruba and, yes, we talked to an indifferent management. I’ve never set foot in there again but The Spouse says we should give it a go again just to get me riled up. The rant is endless.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know the restaurant and my SIL says the same.
    It was my fault though.......I was feeding a stray cat under the table and my SIL was flipping out.
    The cat proceeded to sit itself near to the SIL and began to lick itself.
    I laughed til the tears soaked my undies

Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    My friend and I had a bad food experience at a popular restaurant. It was our second visit there because the surf and turf was so tasty. Well, I ended up in the Noordt Clinic because I became so dehydrated from the bad food. Mind you, it was great going in but not going out. My friend experienced the same symptoms but recovered without medication. The day after we dined there, my friend went to the restaurant to tell them of our experience. She was rebuffed. However, when I told the doctor about our experiences, she notified the health authorities in Aruba. They contacted me via email which I received when I returned to the U.S. I still order seafood in Aruba but not at that location.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I hardly ever leave a poor review of a restaurant unless staff is incredibly rude or has food that could make people sick (this recently happened at a local restaurant that guaranteed me there would be no cross contamination due to my shellfish allergies). As my grandfather used to say, there's an a$$ for every seat, so if I don't care for something, that doesn't mean someone else won't find it delicious.

All of that said, on my recent hotel tours, I ate at a buffet at one of the resorts and it was absolutely DISGUSTING! The food was so incredibly bad (and had flies buzzing all around and landing on it) that I now refuse to book clients at said resort.

I have had a couple disappointing dining experience on island, but chalked it up to being a one and done. I may revisit in the future, but for now don't feel a need to review it or revisit.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Once at Chalet Suisse I ordered a dish that consisted of chicken, veal and something else. The chicken breast was really tuff to chew sort of like it was defrosted quick and cooked. I did tell the Matre D Benny who knows I go there frequently and he just said, you want me to heat it up some more. I was like well if you heat it up again it will just dry up some more. He just walked away. But I didn't write a bad review. Another time there I order a mega something filet mignon. It was a really tuff tuff steak to cut and chew. I didn't write a bad review in either visit but I never ordered those dishes again.
    0 0