This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PF Changs?

Post Thanks / Like

PF Changs?

My son said he saw a new sign today where the IMAX is going in saying a PFChangs is coming. He asked me about it and I know nothing. I asked him to take a picture if he can. Has anyone seen or heard anything? I don't want to start rumors.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ugh! Hope not. But luckily, I don't have to eat there. Been to a few many years ago - salt is their main seasoning.

Will be in Aruba in a few weeks so will take a look.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    Ugh! Hope not. But luckily, I don't have to eat there. Been to a few many years ago - salt is their main seasoning.

Will be in Aruba in a few weeks so will take a look.
    We have two within 45 minutes of us, however; there are people who live in the middle of nowhere who would might like to try it. Personally, we avoid chain restaurants as much as possible in our travels, but there are some people who love it. I have a friend who went to Oahu and was staying near where we had stayed earlier that year. I gave her a list of wonderful, local places with local and international cuisines. They ate at McDonalds everyday for breakfast and mostly chains for other meals. To each their own.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We have two within 45 minutes of us, however; there are people who live in the middle of nowhere who would might like to try it. Personally, we avoid chain restaurants as much as possible in our travels, but there are some people who love it. I have a friend who went to Oahu and was staying near where we had stayed earlier that year. I gave her a list of wonderful, local places with local and international cuisines. They ate at McDonalds everyday for breakfast and mostly chains for other meals. To each their own.
    Yep - exactly. We have oodles of chain restaurants in our area within 10 miles or less but I avoid them like the plague because we have TONS of award winning, local restaurants and bistros that are fantastic. But, as you said, to each their own. We are lucky we have so many different choices all within 15 minutes of our house.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    My son said he saw a new sign today where the IMAX is going in saying a PFChangs is coming. He asked me about it and I know nothing. I asked him to take a picture if he can. Has anyone seen or heard anything? I don't want to start rumors.
    It is weird. As of last Saturday there was no PFChang sign over there.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have not been in a PF Chang in a few years.
    I remember that they had excellent lettuce wraps!
    The rest of the meal must have been mediocre as I do not remember it to be outstanding or terrible.

We have a neighborhood ladies luncheon (in non covid times).
    We all drive to local restaurant once a month for a nice lunch in Tampa.
    Cheesecake Factory is always a favorite.
    If there were a Cheesecake Factory in Aruba, I would be first in line

What I do want to say is that the Aruba residents and some Aruba tourists....from all over the world, love American chain restaurants.
    Look how many folks love Mickey Ds, Dunkin, Pizza Hut as well as Ruth's Chris. Just because I found it probably "mediocre" or because someone else said "Ugh"
    and another who said "they avoid chains if possible".... does not mean the place stinks.

It is important to remember that many folks love American chain restaurants.

In this terrible Covid time, I just cannot imagine any new restaurants being in the plan....at least for the next 6 mos.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GETA62 View Post
    It is weird. As of last Saturday there was no PFChang sign over there.

He said it was the first time he has seen it. It surprised him.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    If there were a Cheesecake Factory in Aruba, I would be first in line

What I do want to say is that the Aruba residents and some Aruba tourists....from all over the world, love American chain restaurants.
    Look how many folks love Mickey Ds, Dunkin, Pizza Hut as well as Ruth's Chris. Just because I found it probably "mediocre" or because someone else said "Ugh"
    and another who said "they avoid chains if possible".... does not mean the place stinks.
    I'd be right behind you for the Cheesecake Factory, Andrea. Yes, many people love the American food chains, and most of the casual dining ones are decent, and we do go to them-Applebee's margaritas are great. However, when we are in Aruba and traveling outside and inside the country we try to go to local restaurants to get something different, something local. I can always go to Applebee's, Olive Garden, Longhorn, Chili's, and several other chains right here in town. Most of the other chains are 30-45 minutes away so we go there less often. We like to eat where the locals eat. If we are doing a road trip in other parts of the US we eat what is closest off the road.

Post Thanks / Like
    PF Changs?-img_0973-jpg

Paul and Ana took a picture. I cropped it because it is hard to read(they were driving). It says PFChangs on the front and IMAX on the side.

Post Thanks / Like
    I do enjoy Cheesecake factory too
    Never been to a PFChangs though;
    As for fast food, was in a blue mood I may crave something from a fast food chain.
    We usually try to support the local Mom & Pops place.
    0 0