This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurants that won't break the bank

Post Thanks / Like

Restaurants that won't break the bank

My H and I will be in Aruba in a few weeks. Looking at menus of various recommended places I got sticker shock. At first I thought the prices were in Aruba currency but the bottom of most menus said prices are in USD.
    We tend to eat out for lunch and will do one or two dinners out. I try to cook some basics at the apartment and we also look for take away. Any suggestions as to places that have good decent food that wont cost a fortune. Entrees in the 20 dollar range or less. Also p
    aces for good take away. Thanks
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You may have to up your budget a bit. Places we’ve been to that I think of as reasonable tend to have entrees starting in the $24 range. Downtown spots we enjoy that would possible fall in your requested range would be:
    Cafe dePlaza; Hung Paradise or Dutch Pancake House; all at the Renaissance Marketplace.

In the Eagle Beach area you could try Twist of Flavors (often offer early bird specials); Elliotis; Matthews or Ricardos although their entrees probably all start in the $24 range.

I’m sure others will post their suggestions but another thing to consider is that a lot of restaurants these days are limiting their hours or days. Just like here at home, some are opting to not serve lunch and open at 4:00 instead so you’ll want to check their sites.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Peg. Also as you know prices went up everywhere in grocery stores etc so all restaurants raised their prices in the US too. We’ve noticed it. It’s understandable prices went up in Aruba too.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    agree with peg and colette.
    suggest, splitting an entree at one of the restaurants and each getting a salad.
    that helps keep the price more reasonable.
    we have done this often in Aruba due to portion control.............some places serve way too large portions.
    try it at Bavaria and Casa Tua

if you have a car, I would suggest visiting some of the places that are more local.............all very reasonably priced........
    Alfies
    Peanuts
    Local Store
    Cafe 080
    Fish House
    Red Fish
    Bochina Container Yard
    Food Trucks
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We split dinners often. Not so much to save money, but we just don't eat that much any more. If you are in the Palm Beach area, Scott's Brats has very reasonably priced breakfast and lunch right on the beach and according to a very good friend the best fish tacos in Aruba. Also Carlito's has a good cheeseburger and other bites for good prices also on Palm Beach. Dushi Bagel has good prices, Fermin's BBQ, Chalo Burger, Salt and Pepper for tapas. I suggest using the Google tool and searching for inexpensive restaurants in Aruba. Downtown Lucy's and Iguana Joe's are reasonably priced. As Andrea mentioned, the smaller, local places have better prices.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Laguna Restaurant -Pizza and a salad located at the Marriott Stellaris- pizza was great and very reasonable.
    Local Store
    Bugaloe
    Lucy's downtown on the water for Taco Tuesdays- great prices for those
    Salt N Pepper
    Cafe 080
    Scotts Brats for lunch near the Playa Linda-Beachside
    Carlitos is near there as well- inexpensive bar food
    McDondalds, Wendys, KFC not fancy but inexpensive for sure
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Pika’s Corner.
    Surfside Beach Bar.
    Grill21.
    Urataka Center.
    O'Niels.
    The Kitchen.
    Last edited by schexc; 05-03-2022 at 01:02 PM.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I will add BINGO. The restaurant is on road to Noord, pass Sole Mare. Turn in at the Valero on the left - same strip as Linda's Pancakes) 297-586-2818. Excellent food and you have a choice of 1/2 portions (or small portions) vs. the full size portion.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Barb68 for starting this thread. It's good to know there are some moderate priced restaurants on the island.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Over on the Reddit forum this question gets asked all the time. Its a real shame that some visitors believe you have to spend a load of money for a good meal. Nothing can be further from the truth! There's too many options to even list. Through no fault of their own of course, I believe tourists get "led" to certain restaurants to spend more money and don't get told as often about the cheaper(and many times even better taste wise) alternatives.

Here's the last thread with a great(even so incomplete) selection "Where do locals eat"? https://www.reddit.com/r/Aruba/comme...do_locals_eat/

You can find almost all of them on facebook and look them up first because each has their specialties and time of service. Some are takeout, some are eat-in, some are lunch only etc. To give you an idea on pricing, "Local Store" would already be on the expensive side of things compared to most of the places on that list. Its important to note that these places have great food. Which is why many Arubans call the restaurants in the hotel area "tourist traps"(there are exceptions ofc). Take happy hour as an example. In the hotel area 1 local beer might cost 5 to 6 dollars. In any local bar or restaurant, you can get two for that price. So even at happy hour, they still make an additional 1-2 florin off you.

Not sure if its allowed to link to other forums here, if so, my bad!
    Last edited by Arawak; 04-30-2022 at 04:12 AM.
    4 2