This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Screaming Eagle

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mitchyd View Post
    We were able to try Screaming Eagle on our first night here (Saturday night). We were a little nervous because we had not enjoyed it in the past. We liked the looks of the new menu, so gave it a shot! It was really good! The only seating is outside and it was very socially distanced. Service was good, a bit slow, nothing to complain about. My son and I had the tenderloin, they prepare the peppercorn sauce table side. Not the best use of the servers time but it was fun to watch and tasted delish. Our steaks were cooked perfect (med rare) and the veggies and mashed potatoes were very nice. My husband has to eat gluten free and they were very accommodating. He went with the lamb shank and really enjoyed it. For dessert the teenager had apple cobbler, he said it was just ok. Us grownups shared a couple scoops of ice cream.
    The new decor is a big improvement. We hardly missed the beds .
    Thanks. I didn't realize they had a new menu with the renovations. I'll have to check it out.

I could never figure out who would want to eat in bed in front of others, however; my friend, her hubby, her mom and her hubby had dinner in one bed on one of their trips here. She said it wasn't very comfortable.

Post Thanks / Like
    We have reservations there next week. They said they were opening back up after Xmas. Sounds like no indoor seating for a while. The area with the beds is closed until summer.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you could leave a review of Screaming Eagle in the Culinary category, that would be terrific.
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spokeyourname View Post
    We have reservations there next week. They said they were opening back up after Xmas. Sounds like no indoor seating for a while. The area with the beds is closed until summer.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good morning everyone,

Timing, they say, is everything.

I just finished going through (as in 10 minutes ago) the Caribbean's top 50 restaurants list as featured in today's Caribbean Journal and Screaming Eagle is one of two Aruba restaurants featured there. Wilhelmina is the other. Last year I don't think there were any.

Glenn
    0 0