This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide

Thread: Taste My Aruba

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Taste My Aruba

http://tastemyaruba.com

https://www.facebook.com/tastemyaruba/

this place may be on our Nov/Dec list
    it is real close to Yemanja

Post Thanks / Like
    From the photos it looks like it’s in front of the Coscheca store by Yemanja? Looks interesting.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, I agree it does look like it is in front of the Cosecha.

I told Paul that we might go there..........he wants to see the menu (hahahahaha there is no menu)

Post Thanks / Like
    We ate there in June and it was the best meal of our 5 weeks on the island. It is in the same building as Cosecha, just to the right of it, in front of Yemanja. There are just 6 tables outside, so it fills up fast. There is not an extensive menu, just 5 kind of fresh fish to choose from (no meat the evening we were there). It comes with jasmin rice and all kind of veggies and plantain. Also you can choose from 2 or 3 appetizers, also only fish, and 1 dessert. All fish is catched fresh and everything is made that day. I just love this place, but it might not be for everybody. The setup is like a courtyard in the old days on Cuba, it just has that vibe. The lady who owns and runs the restaurant is very sweet and very proud of her business. I guess very soon you need reservations long ahead of time to get a table here.
    1 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you DD
    i have been in touch with Nathaly and look forward to dining there.

My my husband will go unwillingly but when all is said and done will tell everyone it was “his choice”

Quote Originally Posted by dutchdushi View Post
    We ate there in June and it was the best meal of our 5 weeks on the island. It is in the same building as Cosecha, just to the right of it, in front of Yemanja. There are just 6 tables outside, so it fills up fast. There is not an extensive menu, just 5 kind of fresh fish to choose from (no meat the evening we were there). It comes with jasmin rice and all kind of veggies and plantain. Also you can choose from 2 or 3 appetizers, also only fish, and 1 dessert. All fish is catched fresh and everything is made that day. I just love this place, but it might not be for everybody. The setup is like a courtyard in the old days on Cuba, it just has that vibe. The lady who owns and runs the restaurant is very sweet and very proud of her business. I guess very soon you need reservations long ahead of time to get a table here.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea, I am sure you will love it there. Looking forward to see you review (and trip report).
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If it’s fish we’ll give it a try for sure.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Tom and I are not apt to order fish when we are out. While I like the concept I don’t believe we’ll be giving it a try.

0 0

Senior Member Liz - Aruba Lover's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not a fish eater myself so it wouldn't be for me. There was one couple dining in the back when we went to Yemanja in April.

0 0