This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Aruba Nights Island Guide
Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: There's keeping it secret, then there's this:

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like

There's keeping it secret, then there's this:

Good morning,

Linda's Dutch Pancakes is one of our favourite places for lunch; we go there at least twice when we are in Aruba. This is not, however, a restaurant review as such. It's just about what I saw there back in October.

At the back of Linda's, just before the washrooms is a Bitcoin machine.

Perhaps I watch too much tv, but isn't Bitcoin a crypto-currency favoured by cheats, liars, traffickers of all kinds, spies and assorted other ne'er-do-wells? Is it really important to hide from the world that you had chocolate chips and cane syrup on your Dutch pancake.

I saw customers look at it, but I never saw anyone use it.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    That's odd. I took a look online(I don't anything about it or understand it), but: 1 Bitcoin equals $7,370. 46 US$$.

Post Thanks / Like
    Crypto currency is an established means to do payment nowadays. All around the world you'll find places accepting it. There are a handful of businesses now accepting bitcoin. Pretty sure Aruba is the frontrunner on this in the Caribbean, but its already semi established around the world.

Here is a helpful world map with all the known locations(you can zoom out and scroll over the US/Canada as well): https://coinmap.org/view/#/world/14....-73.52050781/6
    0 0