This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First Timers

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    If you sign up for Marriott Rewards, you do have a chance of getting an upgrade. Not a great one, but still a chance.

http://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rew..._benefits_8.mi

Complimentary room upgrade

Based on room availability at check-in and limited to a Member's personal guestroom. Upgrades may include rooms with desirable views, rooms on high floors, corner rooms, rooms with special amenities, rooms on Executive Floors, or suites. All upgrades are granted on a space-available basis, as determined at the time of check-in. Upgrades are subject to availability and identified by each hotel.

Thanks for the tip! I am already a Marriott Rewards member, so hopefully my piddly Gold status means something when I beg!
    0 0

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Post Thanks / Like
    Howdy Sidefly!

Besides what other forum members already mentioned, I would add to be extra careful with the sun. The sun in Aruba is VERY strong and can be sometimes underestimated.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all for the replies, I hope the weather cooperates and it turns out awesome! We will be there a week, so we should have some time to explore... although doing absolutely nothing but beach and water sounds pretty good too! We are in Kansas, so 'ocean' is a luxury!!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    Thank you all for the replies, I hope the weather cooperates and it turns out awesome! We will be there a week, so we should have some time to explore... although doing absolutely nothing but beach and water sounds pretty good too! We are in Kansas, so 'ocean' is a luxury!!
    Are you talking about the Kansas weather? The weather in Aruba is guaranteed.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    One other question... I run a lot, is that something I can do in Aruba? Should I bring my workout stuff? I couldn't tell if sidewalks existed, but it appears a run out the lighthouse and back was around 6 miles from the hotel, so that would be about what I'm looking for. Treadmills suck the life out of me.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidefly View Post
    One other question... I run a lot, is that something I can do in Aruba? Should I bring my workout stuff? I couldn't tell if sidewalks existed, but it appears a run out the lighthouse and back was around 6 miles from the hotel, so that would be about what I'm looking for. Treadmills suck the life out of me.
    Yes. Lots of runners. Particularly on that route - you can run by the side of the road where the sand is hard.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We're old, so we walk a portion of that route frequently. Never had any issues.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY THROUGH http://www.thepearlaruba.com/.
    0 0

Anywhere where I can see the turquoise-blue ocean
    Post Thanks / Like
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You will probably want to run as soon as the sun comes up as its too hot any later than 8 am. I always want to try to go to lighthouse and back but the traffic makes me nervous. I go from playa Linda to Amsterdam manor and back which is exactly a 5k. That section of road has enough of a shoulder to run comfortably. If you are in the high rise area and want a shorter run (2 miles) you can run the beach sidewalk to one end, then the street back. Enjoy!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You will have the best time and wonder why you never Vacationed In Aruba before .
    the weather the people cosmopolitan with a Caribean feel...You will be back
    sending you sun sea and sand
    First Timers-image-jpgFirst Timers-image-jpgwe are home for June ......
    http://www.homeaway.com/4118789
    Please visit our Homeaway site.
    Our lovely Aruba home is available for rent.
    0 0