This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Loving being retired

Post Thanks / Like

Loving being retired

Hi to all!! I have been reading the posts ever since I decided to book Aruba with my gf. Hubby's are staying behind this trip, they love their camps and ice fishing in the winter. I always learn a lot from forums!
    Here is the plan with some questions for you all!
    our rental is not ready til the 14th so we have booked a room in the Bakval area for 2 nights the owner will pick us up at airport, apparently it is within walking distance to Ritz, any ideas of what to do around there for 2 days. He will take us to grocery store on way to rental. Do all of you buy water or drink the water, I have read about their desalinisation process.
    Looking forward to our Rental in Gold Coast Villa. Has anyone stayed there, we booked an Air bnb. We won't have a car til Jan 18th. To 24, hoping there is a bus stop near there for the 4 days. We are walkers too so hoping to walk to Arashi and Boca Catalina some mornings when it is cooler, do you think it is doable? We walk at least 5k a day.
    thanks for everything in advance!!
    Cincy
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The water is safe and drinkable - it tastes nice too. But it's warm (for obvious reasons).

There's LOTS to do around the Ritz - it's at the north end of Palm Beach where all the action is - just walk over to the Ritz roundabout and hang a left down to PB.

The walk from Bakval to Palm Beach is about 25 mins (about 2 km).

Arashi is about a 20 min walk (less than 5 km) from Gold Coast.

There's a bus stop near Tierra Del Sol (just up from Gold Coast) - I'm not sure if there's one closer to GC.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

i think act1966 pretty much answered your questions

Quote Originally Posted by Cincy View Post
    Hi to all!! I have been reading the posts ever since I decided to book Aruba with my gf. Hubby's are staying behind this trip, they love their camps and ice fishing in the winter. I always learn a lot from forums!
    Here is the plan with some questions for you all!
    our rental is not ready til the 14th so we have booked a room in the Bakval area for 2 nights the owner will pick us up at airport, apparently it is within walking distance to Ritz, any ideas of what to do around there for 2 days. He will take us to grocery store on way to rental. Do all of you buy water or drink the water, I have read about their desalinisation process.
    Looking forward to our Rental in Gold Coast Villa. Has anyone stayed there, we booked an Air bnb. We won't have a car til Jan 18th. To 24, hoping there is a bus stop near there for the 4 days. We are walkers too so hoping to walk to Arashi and Boca Catalina some mornings when it is cooler, do you think it is doable? We walk at least 5k a day.
    thanks for everything in advance!!
    Cincy

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum! You're going to LOVE your time in Aruba just as much as being retired!
    Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Arashi Beach, Hyatt, Radisson, Shopping, Flea Market, Downtown, Palm Beach, Everything
    Post Thanks / Like
    we stay at the gold coast every year. we love it. you need a car. it is close to Arashi Beach and Boca Catalina beach. they have 3 or 4 pools there, a clubhouse with a bar, a work out room, and the restaurant White Modern. The security guards are dolls, say hi to Leo for me. We love staying there. the Units are large, we stayed in a 3 bedroom but the two bedrooms are large too. enjoy!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ice fishing.............. sounds HORRIBLE

Post Thanks / Like
    What bait do you use to fish for ice... vodka?? Seems it would be hard to bait the hook..

0 4