This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13

Thread: New to forum

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like

    Cool New to forum

    Hello everyone!

    Been dreaming about travel to Aruba ever since High school way back in 1981. Finally made it there during a cruise in 2019. Of course the eight hours in port just didn't cut it so we immediately made plans to make Aruba our next vacation destination. Saved for 1 1/2 years and made it back last February and we absolutely loved it. The friendly people, easy to get around, well those darned roundabouts were a pain at first, the lovely beaches. We loved everything about it, so before the trip was even over we made plans to return this February19. Well vivid almost derailed those plans but we are absolutely thrilled to be coming again in a few short weeks. Get out of this darn Midwest weather. So again, hello to you all!
    0 2
     

  2. #2
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,527
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2022
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you
    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,350
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum

    re: the roundabouts/rotaries................they take much getting used to but they do keep things flowing nicely. (way better than when there were traffic lights)

    I am glad covid did not hinder your plans!

    again, welcome.
    Quote Originally Posted by BeegBrii View Post
    Hello everyone!

    Been dreaming about travel to Aruba ever since High school way back in 1981. Finally made it there during a cruise in 2019. Of course the eight hours in port just didn't cut it so we immediately made plans to make Aruba our next vacation destination. Saved for 1 1/2 years and made it back last February and we absolutely loved it. The friendly people, easy to get around, well those darned roundabouts were a pain at first, the lovely beaches. We loved everything about it, so before the trip was even over we made plans to return this February19. Well vivid almost derailed those plans but we are absolutely thrilled to be coming again in a few short weeks. Get out of this darn Midwest weather. So again, hello to you all!

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,369
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. It's really common to plan the next Aruba trip while you're on your first trip..... I know we did it!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    676
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum. Keep us posted on your trip!
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,767
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!
    0 0
     

  8. #8
    Senior Member coldsteel337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Posts
    422
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!
    0 0
     

  9. #9
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    671
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Welcome to the forum. It's really common to plan the next Aruba trip while you're on your first trip..... I know we did it!
    This! Once that bug bites, it bites HARD! We were making our trip plans for the next trip before we left the airport during our first trip!

    Not sure where in the Midwest you are located, but I am in Ohio and I feel ya right now. WAY too (c)old for this sh...tuff anymore...

    Oh, and welcome to the forum!




    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 1
     

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2021
    Posts
    17
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    This! Once that bug bites, it bites HARD! We were making our trip plans for the next trip before we left the airport during our first trip!
    How true this is. Vacationing in Aruba has become habitual for most, including ourselves. We got hooked on our first trip to Aruba in Feb of 2017 and look forward to returning each year. Only year missed was in 2020 when we opted on a Costa Rica trip with others. But, we made up for the missed year by coming twice this year.....once over New Years and will be coming back on 2/12. One thing I learned, one week is not long enough and encourage others to stay for 10 days min, two weeks--better yet, three months--perfect
    0 3
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •