This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Newbie member..longtime lurker

Post Thanks / Like

Newbie member..longtime lurker

Hi all. . .
    typical firsttime poster, longtime lurker here. appreciative of all the contributions of the many members of this forum.

our annual family visit to the surfclub is in a few weeks, 3girls in tow, and obviously the decision on whether to travel is a personal one, despite the official recommendation to avoid nonessential travel by the CDC (yes, we are US citizens who love our country, but as we all know our nation has taken some well-deserved lumps these past several months).

just wondering if anyone has roamed the high-rise properties and noticed a dearth of children? yes, that can be a welcome change, and yes all parents say this, but our kids are pretty quiet (having no boys makes a huge difference) so we would like to think we don't add to the cacophony that is often times the experience at the surfclub. was trying to figure out if the current palmbeach vacationers trended to the "young-and-risk-taking-DINKS", or the "regulars-its-my-27th-visit" or the "i-paid-for-my-vaca-and-cant-get-out-of-it" demographic.

and for those surfclub vets, you can laugh now, but i wonder if a frontrow chair will be actually untagged when i wake up at 9am and head down to the pool. . . before driving the family to (the much preferred) eagle beach for the day. seems like Aruba will be getting more traffic in the weeks to come as 24-48h testing results are not as difficult to come by as one would think, and travel options for US citizens are rather limited, and judging from our flight route at least (ewr-aua), passenger loads seem pretty solid/full.

anyway, stay safe all!
    Last edited by dicodoco; 08-01-2020 at 05:59 PM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum as a member and now poster.

you drive your family to Eagle Beach and then spend the day at Surf Club pool?

here in FLA quick testing turnaround has remained difficult to impossible.
    folks are now greasing the palms of some lab employees paying extra for a quick turnaround.

I prefer to call the current "aruba vacationers"................."aruba vacationers or tourists"

safe travels to you and your family.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey dicodoco, welcome to the posting side of the forum!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    welcome to the aruba.com community forum as a member and now poster.

you drive your family to Eagle Beach and then spend the day at Surf Club pool?
    Ha, sometimes i wish. i guess what i meant was more often than not we forgo the pool and head to eagle beach for the day, just seems quieter, more pure, better dining options, etc. . .
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the posting side!
    Loving Aruba from NJ
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome from a fellow lurker. I don't post that much, but I do spend a lot of time lurking. This is a great forum from which I've gleaned much valuable information.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome. I can assure you that spots will be open at 9 am. There are a few more people coming but they have taken about 1/3 of the chairs and put them away. So everything is really spread out but there are still empty chairs all over the place. Its a great time to be there and they are really doing a great job keeping things nice and clean. I hope you enjoy your trip!! AB
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.
    Let us know how it all goes in Aruba
    Safe travels
    0 0