This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: ACE May 2021 Trip

Post Thanks / Like
    My son chose Yemanja for his bday, too.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Day 6 May 20th my birthday yea!

Got up later than usual 8am but I went to bed at midnight. Ate my favorite breakfast eggs Benedict at Pure Beach with a Mimosa to start my birthday right. The waitress bought me a round for my birthday.

Pool at 1030am and it was a lovely day but still very windy. I saw the sandman at the pool who avoided the beach because of the wind and sand. He brought us bad luck because the sand blew over to the pool. He was holding a Corona on one hand and a cigar in the other and still the sand got him. I tried not to laugh but could not help myself. I had to turn around to laugh..Mother nature must not like him.

I left pool by 1230pm on account that I had my covid test at 150pm. I told them it was my birthday so to go easy on me up my nostril which they did.

Dinner was at Yemanja at 6pm. I had a lamb dumplings for appetizer and skirt steak for dinner. Dessert was ice cream on them for my birthday but I also ordered an Espresso Martini. I also had 2 Manhattan's with dinner and glass of red wine. Hey it was my birthday and I skipped lunch and happy hour. Service was rather slow especially since I was the very first customer there at 6pm but I did not mind taking my time. By the time I left at 8pm, you would not believe the line outside of people waiting to get in.

It was a great day, birthday and thank you all for the birthday greetings...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 7 5/21 The End of the road.

WoKe up around 830am oh what a restful night. I had the idea of walking to bugalu for breakfast. Forget it! Hip was in pain just walking across pool. So I ate at resort. French Toast, sausage and 2 mimosas to celebrate last day. Back to room, got my test results negative. Took my time in room relaxing, texting. A friend was in Punta Cana so she video call. My lazy self walked down to pool at noon. I was aching so straight to jacuzzi, pool stretches. By 2pm back to room and I took a 2 hour nap. At 4pm room Jacuzzi and was off to MJ for dinner at 6pm. I skipped lunch but at MJ I had the rack of lamb which was delicious and worth the money. It's funny because I was reviewing specials which were super expensive. I was like $49 for chicken cordon bleu, $39 for a schnitzel? It was the asparagus menu which I forgot about. The food, service was great and perfect meal, ending to a vacation.

I did the pre check out, I'm washing clothes and will pack in the morning. Despite getting sick and being in room all day Monday, it turned out to be a restful vacation.

My flight leaves at 2pm tomorrow. Will wrap up trip on Sunday as I will get home late Saturday..
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 05-21-2021 at 09:00 PM.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A wonderful end to your holiday. Safe trip home tomorrow. You'll be coming home to summer-like weather. 90+ Sunday and Monday.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Boy, that trip FLEW by.

I am glad that we got to visit with you.

Safe travels home tomorrow.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Great meeting you Edgar. Safe travels home!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I sure enjoyed reading about your vacation, Ace. I understand how you feel (physically). It's hard to go places when you are sore and it hurts to walk. I felt that way when we were in Aruba. Have a safe trip home!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Safe travels home today! Glad you had such a restful trip.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The crying room. 5/22

I arrived at Aruba airport at 1045am for a 2pm departure. There was a line outside but it was for Southwest, American. For Delta and Jet blue you could walk in. Jet blue line was very long. Thank God for Mint! I just walked up to desk. I waited 15 minutes for wheel chair assist. US Customs long line. Thank God for global entry! I was at gate by 1130am so 45 minutes with wheel chair assistant skipping lines. I think by noon today it's going to be crowded so glad I got here early. Boarding is at 1:15pm so it will go bye quickly. I'm starving as I skipped breakfast and it's almost lunch time but I will wait...
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    On second thoughts I had a Nathan's hot dog. . I worked for it though. I'm at gate 2 and food past gate 5 but they left me the wheel chair which I used as a walker. I did the same December 2020 walked from gate 2 to 6 with wheel chair in pain all the way. This time, no pain. So grateful for the improvement. When I get back I may resume physical therapy again but once a week. I have around 18 sessions left with my insurance so why not since it helped tremendously. The thing with PT though is that it takes time. I did 60 sessions from fall of 2019 thru spring 2021. For awhile there I thought it was hopeless and then in 2021 improvements kicked in.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    if you have an indoor pool close by to home or work that would allow you to walk in the water....that might be more beneficial than PT.

our pool at home is down til Tuesday and today we went to the local Y, about 1/2 mile from our house.
    I got in and walked back and forth for 2 hrs about 2 1/2 miles.

QUOTE=ArubaAce;377162]On second thoughts I had a Nathan's hot dog. . I worked for it though. I'm at gate 2 and food past gate 5 but they left me the wheel chair which I used as a walker. I did the same December 2020 walked from gate 2 to 6 with wheel chair in pain all the way. This time, no pain. So grateful for the improvement. When I get back I may resume physical therapy again but once a week. I have around 18 sessions left with my insurance so why not since it helped tremendously. The thing with PT though is that it takes time. I did 60 sessions from fall of 2019 thru spring 2021. For awhile there I thought it was hopeless and then in 2021 improvements kicked in.[/QUOTE]
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0