This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: ACE Trip 12/14 to 12/21

Post Thanks / Like
    Thurs 12/19 I had a pain free wonderful uninterrupted sleep Wed night. Woke up Thurs refreshed and at 5am. Enjoyed the view of the beach from balcony, sunrise and watching the Palapa hoggers run to secure their huts.

I left room around 8am. Had a large breakfast at Islander Grill pancakes, 2 eggs over easy,2 sausage, home fries and coffee. Secure my Palapa at 830 am in the middle. Security was going around taking inventory of unattended palapas. Some just had a bag hanging and no beach towels on chairs. Maybe they were at the pool but they did start removing stuff after 2 hours. One lady came while her stuff was being removed and so arguments started. She had the Palapa first row bye sports activity hut. He gave her a break but warned her. Others were not so lucky and upset that they got up at 5am and their stuff removed 10am. I saw this couple who I have seen on other trips. They decorate their huts with several flags. I went bye to talk and told them I've seen them in several trips and that I usually travel there May and Sep. They said yup that was us because they come here during these months as well.

I had a lovely day at the beach. I enjoyed some rum and cokes from my Bacardi Oakheart, went in the water for 1.5 hours. Afterwards, I went to the pool which I have never done right after beach or on same day. The Jacuzzi very hot, pool very cold and good for my hips.

I went to the room at 130pm. Ate a nice plate of Fish House mix left over with one of the 2 left over beers. Boy I was sooo full that I did not make dinner at Las Rambles tonight. I still had some fish house left over about appetizer size, drank last beer and now sitting on balcony sipping some rum with water chaser and I can hear the guitar player from las ramblas clearly playing stairway to heaven. It's a beautiful night too nice and breezy. I wish I had a bottle of white wine with cheese crackers and I would be good. Maybe I should have gone and had some wine or sangria with an appetiser, coffee desert. However I rebooked for tomorrow and will not have lunch. I'm used to eating only 2 meals a day lunch and dinner. This trip breakfast dinner except for those days that I had left over pizza, ate lite breakfast.

I kind of feel like getting some baskin robbins dessert. I see a lot of la cabana guest coming back with ice cream from across the street.

I guess this is a very lazy evening for me but I'm feeling very relaxed, pain free and had a great time at beach and pool today. Tomorrow last day allready!!!
    Last edited by ArubaAce; 12-19-2019 at 08:03 PM. Reason: Correction

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Thurs 12/19 I had a pain free wonderful uninterrupted sleep Wed night. Woke up Thurs refreshed and at 5am. Enjoyed the view of the beach from balcony, sunrise and watching the Palapa hoggers run to secure their huts.

I left room around 8am. Had a large breakfast at Islander Grill pancakes, 2 eggs over easy,2 sausage, home fries and coffee. Secure my Palapa at 830 am in the middle. Security was going around taking inventory of unattended palapas. Some just had a bag hanging and no beach towels on chairs. Maybe they were at the pool but they did start removing stuff after 2 hours. One lady came while her stuff was being removed and so arguments started. She had the Palapa first row bye sports activity hut. He gave her a break but warned her. Others were not so lucky and upset that they got up at 5am and their stuff removed 10am. I was this couple who I have seen on other trips. They decorate their guts with several flags. I went bye to talk and told them I've seen them in several trips and that I usually travel there May and Sep. They said yup that was us because they come here during these months as well.

I had a lovely day at the beach. I enjoyed some rum and cokes from my Bacardi Oakheart, went in the water for 1.5 hours. Afterwards, I went to the pool which I have never done. The Jacuzzi very hot, pool very cold and good for my hips.

I went to the room at 130pm. Ate a nice plate of Fish House mix left over with one of the 2 left over beer. Boy I was sooo full that I did not make dinner at Las Rambles tonight. I still had some fish house left over about appetizer size, drank last beer and now sitting on balcony sipping some rum with water chaser and I can hear the guitar player from law ramblas clearly playing stairway to heaven. It's a beautiful night too nice and breezy. I wish I had a bottle of white wine with cheese crackers and I would be good. Maybe I should have gone and had some wine or sangria with an appetiser, coffee desert. However I rebooked for tomorrow and will not have lunch. I'm used to eating only 2 meals a day lunch and dinner. This trip breakfast dinner except for those days that I had left over pizza, ate life breakfast or that filling high protein Fish House.

I kind of feel like getting some baskin robbins dessert. I see a lot of la cabana guest coming back with ice cream from across the street.

I guess this is a very lazy evening for me but I'm feeling very relaxed, pain free and had a great time at beach and pool today. Tomorrow last day allready!!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    oh no tomorrow is your last full day.

so glad to read that the pain has subsided!!
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you are feeling better.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I'm glad you are feeling better.
    Thanks!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh no tomorrow is your last full day.

so glad to read that the pain has subsided!!
    Yes and I've been drinking plenty of water like you suggested. Thanks! Will do the massage when I get back. Where I live there are a few massage places. I go to one once in a while. I went Sep, Oct but did not go in Nov. Really cheap $35 for 1 hour full body massage if you go before 2pm and you give the massus $10. A lot of competing nail places, massage places,PT.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The two most horrible words to say on Aruba, "Last Day." Thanks for taking us along with you on your visit to the One Happy Island. Have a safe, relaxing and stress free flight back home.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm glad you had a good and relatively pain free day. Just reading your trip reports allows me to imagine being in Aruba and relaxing, so thank you!

I can't believe today is your last day. Please make the best of it for all of us that wish we were there!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We are going to miss your trip reports.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am thinking that maybe we should make up "an aruba story" and everyone can add to it........doing the things we love to do most in aruba?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2